Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #1

DIY-videorig with tft and microphone

Hi folks! I had bit of a bore this afternoon and I created this "brochure" of my DIY-videorig I'm not including photos in this thread but I believe viewing the pdf will be worth the trouble!

And I also had bit of a bore during my summer vacation before I started at university again this fall. So with my false sense of wealthiness from my summer job I started to build my DIY-videorig for my DSLR.

Well many many hours after designing bying parts and constructing my designs my rig is complete. I'm quite proud with it and it does indeed work. I haven't had time and projects to fully test it out but hopefully I will.

Rig has modular construction which allows custom layouts. It sports also a Rode videomic and a Lilliput TFT- monitor with external battery.

My videorig brochure web quality (5 pages, 2.12 mb)
DT-videorig brochure web

My videorig brochure print quality with 300dpi images (5 pages, 17 mb)
DT-videorig brochure print

My videorig brochure web quality jpegs in dropbox gallery mode
DT-videorig gallery

BTW: if it takes long time to open pdf in your browser click "save link as" to download pdf to your computer.

I can say that project was fun and quite challenge for me and I learned one thing from the project. If somebody asks me if one should build his own videorig I would say buy one ready system from the markets it's easier and probably cheaper

But please comment if you found this rambling interesting

-Juho

P.s That camera on the rig is actually concealed K-5 prototype

Last edited by jaitas; 09-13-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: added a link
09-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I could not view the web version due to a few adobe errors; unsupported fonts, insufficient info for image, finally a crash...
09-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
PDFs I should have known it

anyway here's web version converted to a jpeg in a dropbox gallery this should be more user friendly!

Dropbox - Photos - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.

sorry for inconvience!

-J