Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #46
Forum Member

i bought his remote listed in the first post too. i guess it wont hurt to try it out for less than $5 dollars.

11-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just downloaded this software which adds a remote control to your Palm OS handheld.

The software comes from SourceForge.net: IR remote shutter control for Pentax.
It works from approximately five feet is all, but it's still better than pressing the shutter button.

Last edited by code4code5; 06-08-2008 at 11:17 PM.
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #48
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should post that in a seperate thread for all to see.

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
I just downloaded this software which adds a remote control to your Palm OS handheld.

The software comes from SourceForge.net: IR remote shutter control for Pentax.
It works from approximately five feet is all, but it's still better than pressing the shutter button.
11-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Consider it done!

11-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #50
Forum Member

wow. just got this in the mail today and this works really good. Definitely worth the getting this for this price.

I may just get a few extra batteries just in case.
11-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #51
Veteran Member

i'm a little confused the purpose for the ir remote (don't kill me) is it only for taking self portraits? because i think i'd rather have a wired one so i could take pics on the tripod and not worry about me shaking the camera while pressing the button, unless you can do that with these remotes
11-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #52
Inactive Account

Hi impete82

Re your query:
QuoteQuote:
Is the ir remote.......only for taking self portraits ?
Infra Red remotes offer endless possibilities to photographers ! One common application could be for remotely capturing spontaneous photographs of birds or wildlife from a long distance.
Assuming that you were intending to take either a portrait or group photograph in which you wished to appear, most K10D-compatible cable-releases would simply not be long enough (although I believe there is a 5-metre version available via E-bay). Another application for IR might typically involve taking internal architectural photographs, where poor lighting conditions would require the use of a tripod. In order to minimize any possible camera-shake/vibration and ensure a perfectly sharp photo, a photographer would probably use the mirror lock-up facility in conjunction with an IR to trigger the shutter, especially when taking multiple exposures in High Dynamic Range (HDR) pictures. Try clicking on the two links below which show a 100-metre wireless-controlled remote which I purchased and I hope that this info helps ?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/84720-post29.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/84728-post30.html

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 11-24-2007 at 01:23 PM.
12-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #53

jue Ying

Does anyone have one of these cheap remotes from Ebay? I just got one and it is not working. I am wondering if its the remote or the idiot operator?????