Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #16
Veteran Member

You could get e very large artificial nose into which your camera would fit. The lens could protrude slightly through a wart on the end of the nose.
That might appear more natural and hence, acceptable.
Mickey

10-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You really want to hide your camera from view? Any old tote bag will do. This is a waste of money I think. You're not fooling anyone with that and it makes access all too easy to camera thieves I would think. In the city I've found pickpockets and such will go after what looks like a purse or camera bag, but anything that looks like an old tote, lunch bag or a diaper bag they don't really mess with as much.

In some places I used to just take my film cameras out in a thermal lunch bag that had never been used for anything else. I'd put a drink bottle on the side. Make it look like my lunch not my camera bag. The nice thing about those is they keep moisture out while keeping the camera cool, some of them have great pockets and they cost about 1/3 of what an actual camera bag does. You do have to make sure that you get a good one with nice tough handles, not some flimsy $3 one from the dollar store but it sure beats paying $40-100 for a camera bag.