Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
shoot-through camera bag

Just saw this

QuoteQuote:
The Cloak™ Bag is a camera bag that doesn’t look like one, and you can take photos without getting the camera out of the bag.

You’ll never hesitate to carry your camera around your neck – and never miss another good shot.

Travel Camera Bag that's Always Ready - Cloak? Bag

10-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting although from the video, it seems a bit cumbersome to use.
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That is a good laugh and hard to believe it is a real idea. Need a little mini-flap for the flash...
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just stick your camera in an empty Dorito's bag. Then it will look like you're trying to get the last of the crumbs when you shoot.

10-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I could understand if that was for CaNikon cameras to keep them dry in bad weather, but as a disguise for covert camera useage? It would be more like an oat feed sack for a horse.
10-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I wonder if it would make a good blimp? It would need something on the lens to act as a sound break and close off the bottom. I'm think a piece of 6mm foamie cut to the shape of the bag with a hole cut for the lens. Attaching it to the lens would allow zoom use as it would slide in an out with the lens. Maybe line the bag around the lens and the top flap with some extra sound absorbing material. Probably would need to cut hole in the top flap to be able to use the finder with the flap closed.

Thank you
Russell
10-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #7
Inactive Account

I second the Dorito bag idea Although, possibly you will get chip oil on the cam

With the right bag, I don't think a DSLR is overly cumbersome to pull out. I wouldn't use this as a covert street setup either. I can see the market for it though. Could result in being arrested though.

10-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by leatherbags Quote
How many times have we found it enormously cumbersome to whip out our camera case from the bag and the camera from the case, every time we felt like shooting something?
Never.
10-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I have posted this before but one cannot get too much of a good thing.

Camera spy bag.
No Velcro. No zippers. No folding flaps. No tripod screws. No hungry photographers.

Mickey
10-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #10

Interesting

I like it very much! I am impressed with what I see.

Though I am surprised it isn't getting good feedback here. The price is nice and it looks like my next buy.

Check out this link for it. It has a ton more photos and a video showing how it really hooks up to your DSLR.

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cloak-bag/

Last edited by Marcus; 10-14-2010 at 06:39 AM.
10-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Quote
I like it very much! I am impressed with what I see.

Though I am surprised it isn't getting good feedback here. The price is nice and it looks like my next buy.

Check out this link for it. It has a ton more photos and a video showing how it really hooks up to your DSLR.

Photojojo's Cloak Camera Bag
You really think no one will notice that you have a bag up to your face while you take pictures?

It's your money, spend it wisely.
10-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
You really think no one will notice that you have a bag up to your face while you take pictures?
Nah, not really. No one will care. I live 10 minutes from the city (NYC). No one notices anything out here. There are enough weirdos running around. That's just part of the scenery.

I figure, if I'm walking around, see a scene that looks interesting, and want to shoot it, I'll just aim and shoot. All in less than 5 seconds and move on. No one would notice.
10-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Well, I don't know about stealthiness, but if you think it'll be convenient, there you are. I figure the applications are pretty limited: pretty much if you're just carrying the one lens, etc, ...it'd be nice for a bit of weather, if you need to keep the camera dry, etc. Not that that's a big thing with WR stuff, but dry's still nice.

I wonder if it might just make a decent sunshade for the LCD, though. That could be kind of a nice benefit.
10-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #14
Veteran Member

On a similar discussion somewhere recently I suggested getting a teddy bear or other stuffed animal, eviscerating it, cutting a lens hole in the belly, and inserting your camera (with wide lens, of course.). Now when you raise it to your eye to frame a shot, you'll just look like a stuffed-toy perv, not a photo-perv.
10-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
On a similar discussion somewhere recently I suggested getting a teddy bear or other stuffed animal, eviscerating it, cutting a lens hole in the belly, and inserting your camera (with wide lens, of course.). Now when you raise it to your eye to frame a shot, you'll just look like a stuffed-toy perv, not a photo-perv.
That's just not right!!!!