Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by BearCreek Quote
As a lazy person, I use a head on my monopod just so that I can use the same mounting plate and quick release as my tripod. That way the same mounting plate can stay on my camera at all times---one less thing to fuss with or forget.
You say lazy. I say efficient.

02-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On flat ground I brace the monopod base against my right instep with my left foot forward, pointed toward my subject, making another (usually 4th) support point for a stable base. Hence I need to tilt the camera (relative to the monopod) to keep it level with the ground.

Sometimes I need to brace the monopod base forward or to the side on uneven ground.

I use a small ballhead because I already have a small ballhead.

When I think about it - on uneven ground the monopod is more a support for me than a support for the camera.
02-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #33

Thank you very much for your advice.
I'd get it if wasn' quick and didn't already find Adorama sale on RedGed ballheads, so got Redged Professional Ball Head Pro-series RP-3 for $49.
RedGed RP-3 ballhead has just regular camera plate, so I ordered DM 55 Clamp Quick Release Plate Gradienter for 55mm Ball Head Arca Swiss RRs New | eBay
I'm still waiting for the item with hope they'll fit together.

-----
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
ishoot makes a generic version of the Sirui
Look at this on eBay:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271557886484
±90° Tilt Ball Head + Clamp + Quick Release Plate for Camera Tripod Monopod GOOD