Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #1

Crumpler bag question...

So I just ordered a new k-r with kit lense + 55-300 lense and I need a bag.

I really like the looks of the Crumpler bags. Would the 4 million dollar bag be big enough to hold the camera, both lenses w/hoods and charger? I'm thinking the 5 million may be better but I want to go as small as I can get away with.

Any other suggestions would be welcome?

Thanks as always...

10-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't own any crumplers, but the inexpensive Pentax Sling Bag would fit your kit there, with room to expand, and it's nice and small.
10-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xr4kw Quote
So I just ordered a new k-r with kit lense + 55-300 lense and I need a bag.

I really like the looks of the Crumpler bags. Would the 4 million dollar bag be big enough to hold the camera, both lenses w/hoods and charger? I'm thinking the 5 million may be better but I want to go as small as I can get away with.

Any other suggestions would be welcome?

Thanks as always...
In my experience buy a bag bigger than you currently need, since they tend to fill up quickly. Don't know anything about Crumpler bags though.
10-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I have the 5MDH and it would fit the Kr + 18-55 + 55-300 and still have room for another lens (or two if they are small primes. I don't own the 4, but I recall reading that they were able to fit the Kx+18-55+55-300 in at once. I don't know how much room there was left over for something like a charger or other odds and ends.

10-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
I don't own any crumplers, but the inexpensive Pentax Sling Bag would fit your kit there, with room to expand, and it's nice and small.
I have the Pentax Sling bag and it will hold for me: A K10d with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 attached, one extra battery and charger plus cord. One Pentax 50-200 kit lens, one 18-55 kit lens, one FA-50 f1.4 prime, one Pentax AF540FGZ flash plus two diffusers, some filters, lens cleaners etc., however, I can't fit my Tamron 70-200 f2.8 into the bag. That has to ride in it's own pouch.
10-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I used the 4 million dollar home for my k-10 as a holster style bag.

k-10d body, sigma 17-70 (not oo horribly different in size form the 55-300), rocket blower, spare battery, and charger all fit with extra memory cards and a wireless remote. It was a pretty good vacation kit. If you ditched the rocket blower, you could fit the 18-55, but it would be tight.

I currently use a 7 million dollar home.