Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Remote control F

At the following page Pentaxforum.com recommends different Pentax and other gearas. Among all there is a section about Remote control F and says: "In B exposure mode the camera can be set so that the first push of the remote's button opens the shutter and the second push closes the shutter."
According to my experience this information is not valid. I have this very useful device and have tried it on Pentax K10D. It does not stop the shutter open in the B mode. It just fires the shutter in whatever mode including B mode. This information is thus invalid at least when it concerns Pentax K10D. I doubt if this information applies to other models either. Pentaximaging.com at this address does not confirm your idea about the B mode: PENTAX Remote Control F - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

For getting the advantage of using a remote control for B mode you have to obtain the CABLE SWITCH CS-205 which is discussed at Pentax imaging's website.

Recommended Pentax Gear - PentaxForums.com Recommended Pentax Gear - PentaxForums.com

Please be more careful about the information you give here.

Thanks,

Mojtaba Talaian

11-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The remote control F works for my Kx just like it says above. In Bulb mode I can set the remote to do 2 things. 1st button press opens the shutter and 2nd press closes the shutter OR press (and hold) the button to open the shutter and release the button to close the shutter. As for as I know this can be done with the k10d as well.

Make sure you have all of the settings correctly set. I do not know what those are for the K10 but for my Kx, i set the drive mode to remote and in the custom settings menu I choose which bulb mode I want (the 2 press button open/close or 1 press open/close).

**Also make sure you change the shutter speed to "Bulb", if it is on any speed whatsoever then the remote will only fire the shutter at the speed selected.
11-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
The remote control F works for my Kx just like it says above. In Bulb mode I can set the remote to do 2 things. 1st button press opens the shutter and 2nd press closes the shutter OR press (and hold) the button to open the shutter and release the button to close the shutter. As for as I know this can be done with the k10d as well.
I think the K-7 is the first camera body with this feature.

The K10D doesn't have it. I don't think the K20D does either.