Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #1

Different Focusing screens for K-X

Hey guys,
I'm in the market for a focusing screen with a "rule of thirds" grid.
The prices from katzeye are just out of my budget so I'm looking for one from focusingscreen.com.

I need some advice from those that have purchased from the website.
From what I read, there seems to be no problems from the screens purchased from there but still a bit skeptical.

Also, what is the difference between the ec-A, ec-B, ec-L, fsb, and k3 grids?
Thanks for all the help in advance! Convince me to buy from focusingscreen.com!

11-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just for interest sake are you doing the replacement your self? IF not ask the person doing it what they think... and I am posting here, because I want to replace mine with a focus add and am interested to see what people say!
11-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Forum Member

I'm very interested as well. I shoot manual focus lenses mostly and having a better focusing screen would be awesome.

What's the best alternative to Katz Eye?
11-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #4

Original Poster
Icywarm - I'm thinking about replacing the focusing screen myself. I guess I'm just trying to figure out which focusing screen is the "best" for my needs as of right now.

11-06-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Turbo_Spool900 Quote
I'm very interested as well. I shoot manual focus lenses mostly and having a better focusing screen would be awesome.

What's the best alternative to Katz Eye?
The best for me (other than Katz Eye) was from focusingscreen.com. I use their rule of thirds screen on my K10d. I like it very much, having tried the cheap chinese version first

Please note that focusingscreen.com will be very helpful with any questions you may have. I use the K3 screen, which I believe is a Nikon.
11-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by stevewig Quote
The best for me (other than Katz Eye) was from focusingscreen.com. I use their rule of thirds screen on my K10d. I like it very much, having tried the cheap chinese version first

Please note that focusingscreen.com will be very helpful with any questions you may have. I use the K3 screen, which I believe is a Nikon.
How easy was it installing the screen? Did you just follow the instructions on the site, or did you send it a shop or technician? Would replacing the focusing screen on the K-x void its warranty?
11-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
When I had a k-x I fitted a Pentax LL80 focus screen which has rule of thirds guidelines which the OP asked for.

easy to fit & no it does not void your warranty as it is a genuine Pentax accessory
11-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #8

Original Poster
Wow! The Pentax LL80 is exactly what I am looking for! Will definitely do some research on this focusing screen. A quick search on google also shows that this isn't too pricey - which is a good thing!
Thanks cabstar!!!