I would have to agree with Lowell. I own 7 bags
Kata DR467I
Lowepro flipside 300
Loiwepro Mini Trekker
Lowepro Classified 160 AW
Lowepro 300 and 400 Stealth reporters
Tamrac 5629 Holster

For instance
I take the bag or backpack that fits the situation. When I travel on a plane and want to carry my laptop, the Kata goes as a carry on with my computer and all camera equipment in it and either the Tamrac or the Classified 160 go into my checked luggage flattened to carry my camera gear after I reach my destination.
It is all about the situation and what gear you wish to carry. I own 7 bags right now but have bought and sold about 7 or 8 others to get to this set up.
I am going to have a camera with me no matter where I travel and I have quite a variety of sizes of lenses. If I had only 2 or 3 lenses and 1 body to carry with not much else, The Stealth 300 would be a fine bag. The Lowepro Flipside 300 would be a fine backpack.

All depends on what you are comfortable with.

11-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fekish Quote
OK thanks.
I think i like slinghot, for the way it turns and you can easily take the camera out...
But on the other side, i like the two straps at the bag, where you dont get so easily tired!

Arghhhh!

I can see that there is a new slingshot 202 model, i suppose has some minor changes from 200.

As i can see from the price 202 is more expensive than pro runner 200, so its perceived to be better?

Thanks
QuoteOriginally posted by fekish Quote
Basically as i am not a pro and just want a bag for a general use, i am looking for a bag to take me from A to B, but also have it with me at B.

I dont have so many items, just 3 lenses for the moment.

if you like the accessability of a sling shot,
want the comfort of a backpack,
with a built in rain cover,
with a built in tripod holder,
very light,
made of strong materials
I would sujest the Lowepro versapack
i got one in the gray and polar blue colour and personally it really does not resemble a photo bag

Dave
T&T
11-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for your input.
I think i went down to Fastpack 250 vs Kata 466.

For the Slingshot, i took it off the list, because when i travel i have the bag on my shoulders for long time, and it would be really always a pain for my bag.

For the Fastpack 250, its really comfortable, and has a laptop case, which can be used also to carry magazine or files or other documents. Its easily accessible as you stand which is a plus. It seems to be good for the back as well... I was thinking also the 200 Fastpack, but the difference between 250 and 200 (no laptop case), is only $5 so i preferred the 250.

For Kata 466, is the one i like the most from the outside/looks. For the things it has; is more or less the same as the 250. But it does not have the same mechanism for easily accessing and grabbing the camera. The 466 is slightly smaller than the 467, that is why i preferred that one.

So in the end:
Kata 466: for its looks
Fastpack: for easily accessing the camera.
All the rest are more or less the same....

I'll give myself a couple of more days to thinnk about it
11-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #19
Banned

Original Poster
Anyone had both Kata 466 and the fastpack 250?

Is fastpack really that big?

11-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I have used a LowePro OffTrail 2 for quite some time for both traveling and at location. I managed to fit a 28mm, 50mm, 35-105mm, a 70-210 and a Minolta X700 as well as a couple of film spools and some lens tissue.

It sometimes required a bit of repacking depending on the lens that was fitted on the camera.

It might be something to consider.
11-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is interesting to hear what people use, but I find the bag/pack recommendations for larger bags to be among the most useless of any suggestion relating to camera gear. It is like someone recommending over the internet that you buy a xx brand of hiking shoe in size yy with high tops and a zz arch support. A good bag of any size fits like good clothing, and there is only one way to check that out.
11-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #22
Banned

Original Poster
The problem is that i didnt find the Kata bags in my country, so that is why i am asking here. And i found only the Lowepro 200...
For you information, even when i was buying the k-x, i bought it only by looking at it on the internet and in the UK when i went for a week... No where in my country.

That is why i am asking if 250 is in general that big that it would be considered not very comfortable, and thus getting a 466 might be more reasonable.
11-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here is a link to a comparison of the Kata 467 and the 250

Kata DR-467 vs. LowePro Fastpack 250 That Pixel Geek