Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Future 'Adaptations'

Back again, worrying at the matter of K-Adapters for my soon-to-arrive Super Takumars (50/1.4, 28/3.5). My plan is to use a seperate adapter on each lens.
I have a B&H 'Bower' which seems well made and am looking for an original PTX ring. (B&H is out of Kalts and I have read they are very good in finish and function.)

The reason for a seperate ring for each lens is to speed changes between old and new lenses on my K100D.

I have read that the removal of the adapter ring will allow the lens to fall out if accidentally twist because the body lock does not connect to the old lenses.

On another site someone (Max) has related he has ground small notches in his screw-mount to allow the body-lock to work.

Any coments/advice?

Thanks..........

09-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I also want to try this in the future. The adapter as-is locks into the body.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=572668&forum_id=94&page=2

The above thread I read went somehting like this:

Remove locking spring from adapter

Use some kind of thread lock glue to affix the adapter (semi)-permanently to the lens.

Take careful note where the locking pin on the camera meets the lens when attached.

Drill a hole or slot in the lens to accommodate the locking pin on the camera.

Note: some lenses don't have a wide enough space around the threads for a hole or slot to be drilled to accommodate the locking pin on the camera. I have an old zoom lens like this.

I haven't tried the above procedure yet. And honestly it looks to me like it might be harder/problematic than what is described above.

If you try it out, do post your experience. I may do the same someday in the future.
09-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
That is the same site I was referring to. I have the tools and the skills and if I have the nerve
I'll let you know how it comes out. I wish 'MAX' had included some pix............