Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I made my own

I have an older vivitar tripod which I picked up a scrap second tripod for spare parts. I took one leg and attached a small ball head to the end by inserting a Rowell with diagonal split and a 1/4-20 bolt to expand the dowell as well as hold the head

11-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That sounds fun but I'm looking to buy one actually. I'm sorry to inform that no monopod came home from the US.
11-28-2010, 04:40 AM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Another vote for the Manfrotto 680B, I've been using one now, for a good number of years for both sports and music/gig photography.

In addition I use the Manfrotto 234 Monopod Tilt Head, it just adds the additional plane of movement that I require in use, they also have quick release version 234RC available if required.

Also it collapses down small enough to fit suitcases when traveling, I wouldn't recommend hand luggage, as it has a shape similar enough on the x ray scanners to get you unwelcome attention.