Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DIY Beauty Dish

Found a thread on a DIY Beauty Dish https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/69363-my-...sh-result.html
but cant post since its more that a year thread

Im trying to make one and im curious on how to attached the paper cone wrapped with aluminum foil on the CD case?
Anyone have an idea on this?

11-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
Found a thread on a DIY Beauty Dish https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/69363-my-...sh-result.html
but cant post since its more that a year thread

Im trying to make one and im curious on how to attached the paper cone wrapped with aluminum foil on the CD case?
Anyone have an idea on this?

It appears that the bottom of the CD case is simply bolted to the reflector, and the cone goes inside the top part of the cd case just by tension. I would just go with that. If your cone is loose, just shim it with more aluminum foil until it's snug. It shouldn't take much force at all.

If you want to put a pin or staple or dab of glue in there or two, it shouldn't affect the light, though.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 11-20-2010 at 07:05 PM.
11-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I just screw the CD case base on the dish, then you can just mount the transparent part with the foil cone on the CD case base just like you normally lock the CD case.
11-27-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Im making one right now and i tried to test it before painting it but the pic is underexpose.. What corrections do i need?

heres a pic of the beauty dish i made
use a metallic paper for the cone
and the sample pic taken at 1/160, F5.6, iso100

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo