Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Which SD cards are right for *ist DL

Hi there,
I need to buy a lot of new SD cards for my two Pentax *ist DLs and I am wondering if my cameras will be able to take advantage of SDHC (and if yes up to what speeds) or if regular SD is just fine.

Also, is there a limit of addressable storage capacity, or can go with any size? So far I've been using 2GB cards. But now I intend to switch to RAW mode. I guess bigger sizes would be more appropriate then.

Sadly, the manual does not give ANY info on the subject (except to go ask the dealer). In this age of online shopping this suggestion is outdated.

Finally, I would like to know which brands are reliable and which ones to stay away from.

I would truly appreciate any advice!
Thanks,
turay

11-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
With firmware version 2.02 you can run 4 GB SDHC cards. I used them on my Samsung *Ist DL2 lookalike.
11-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm using a 4GB SanDisk II HD card sans any problems on my *ist DL after the firmware upgrade. $12 a pop on Amazon. I'm also using a few 1 and 2 GB micro SD's I had for my mp3 player, in an adapter, also no problems. The 4GH HD card is faster but they all work just fine.
11-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the heads up regarding the firmware update. Now I'm ready to use SDHC cards ;-)

The only question left is regarding speed:
Will all fast & super fast cards work, or is there a limit?