Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Grip for k-r?

Are there any battery grip options for the K-r?

11-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No. There are no grip options for the K-x and there won't be any for the K-r.
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wish Pentax would make battery grip for K-r, it'd be fun... Maybe Pentax should think about making one for their lower end cameras as well... I mean K200D had it!!!
12-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
Forum Member

I do not believe the Kr has any contacts on the bottom so a grip would have to connect through the camera's battery door, this would mean you would lose the advantage of multiple batteries. The K200D had the contacts so you could use the camera's batteries and also the grips batteries for double the battery life.

Rick

12-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by luke0622 Quote
I wish Pentax would make battery grip for K-r, it'd be fun... Maybe Pentax should think about making one for their lower end cameras as well... I mean K200D had it!!!
I don’t think the k200 was ever classified as an entry level camera. I believe at the time that place was the k100 super. which also had no battery grip.