Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Camera Bag for two SLRs

When my wife and I go on vacation, we typically take two SLRs, with a variety of lenses: DA16-50, DA50-135, DA 35 and DA 70. Plus a Metz 58 flash. I want to get a (relatively) comfortable back pack that will fit both camera bodies in it. However, it seems like most bags/packs are designed for one camera body plus lenses. I would appreciate input.

Thanks in advance!

11-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have the dakine sequence, it is a beast. Definitely plenty of room, deep enough to fit a gripped k20d. I don't think you'll find a bag that will have 2 slots for cameras, but that Dakine would easily accept the camera+50-135 in the main slot and the 2nd body+35/70mm lenses attached.
12-02-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
Banned

If your back pack is deep enough, you can always put one camera on it's side with a small block of foam or a dedicated insert divider under the lens. It will normally take up the space of two lens, but it works. I do this with my Lowepro Trekker 300, however, if you do not have a long lens, most packs you can put two cameras in where a long lens would go, with a divider between them.

I have a Domke F7 that is designed for two cameras and several lens. You can use it as a regular shoulder bag, but there are also back pack straps that allow you to use it as a pack as well. I think Tamrac has several shoulder bags that also convert to back pack arrangements with accessory straps.

On vacation or when I am just out walking about, I like these kinds of bags because they are easy to work out of, and if you get tired of lugging them on one arm, it takes just a few seconds to snap on a strap and convert them to packs. They are relatively comfortable, not something to hike mountains with, but for me, are the best of both worlds.
12-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Here is a great bag comparison website. It even has pictures showing what each bag can hold.

CAMBAGS.COM Camera bag review resource for Canon and Nikon D-slr cameras

Tim

12-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Lowepro Flipside 400 will *just* fit a K20d and K-x in the center of the main compartment, one with a DA* 16-50 and the other with the DA* 50-135, both with hoods reversed. Alongside there is space for additional primes and a Metz flash.

Truth told, an extra inch would make it easier to take the cameras out, but it works for me because once I get to a location one of the cameras cones out and stays around my neck.
12-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have several different packs.

I took a K10D, K7D, 8mm fisheye, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 28-75 F2.8, Vivitar 85mmF1.4 and an SMC-F 1.7x AF TC (no flash) to prague using a lowepro micro trekker 100 backpack. It all fit. 2 bodies, 4 lenses, none small by any measure.

You can step it up from there any way you want to.,

Stay away from the computrekker, the space for the computer puts the camera too far back, and you don't carry the computer when out and about.
12-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great. I'll take a look at the different options. Currently I have a Tamrac shoulder bag that can squeeze a single body and a couple of lenses in, but particularly if I have grips in place, they get pretty tight. I know these bags are pretty customizable too...