Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Inactive Account

shutter release cable

As usual, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be but here goes!
First, I'd like to thank the person who told me about the Kx body, I recently purchased one and so far very happy with it!
My question is about cable releases.
I've been trying to find a cable release for the Kx.
I don't want to be in front of the camera, I would like to stand to the side or behind!!!
Taking my own picture is not on my list of things to do.
Henry's has and air shutter release but I can't figure out exactly how it works, or if it works.
How does it fit on the camera?
Has anyone used one?

01-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't think the K-x can take a cable switch. It can take infra-red remote shutter release, however.

Of course I can be wrong.
01-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Doesn't look like the K-x has a cable release connection. So your options are to use a remote or the timer I guess. You might also be able to tether your camera to a computer and control it from there...
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I haven't a clue how you would do that, but it sounds interesting!