Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Bag Question

I know this subject has been done in the past, but here is the difference.

1. I dont have a store nearby to go look at bags and Pictures never do a bag justice.

2. I need something to just carry a couple extra lenses and a flash when I go walkabout. Does not have to fit the camera

3. Must be comfortable and easy to access.

4. Must fit a couple small primes and a Flash, or one small prime and a 70-300

I prefer something that would attach to a belt, or a beltpack.

Ok, now lets hear it

01-08-2011, 04:32 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Crumpler has a few really nice bags, very rugged, but nice to use. Smaller Crumplers attach to your belt, the bigger do not! Do not personally like heavy belt attached bags (you'd need a harness to carry such items easily), but you're not me ;-)!

Have a lot of Crumplers in various sizes, some with room for just a compact, some with room for a K-5, or two! The wife has a Crumpler backpack, with room (in the lower, subdivided compartment) for both her E-PL1, and its three lenses, and in the upper compatment plenty of room for her K-5, and a DA15, a FA77, and her DA50-135, with room to spare! Really stylish, too!

Last edited by Tord; 01-08-2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: added some items, and edited a little .-)!
01-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm happy with Tamrac bags, and their website has pretty good descriptions and diagrams.

The Official Tamrac Homepage - The leading manufacturer and distributor of camera, photography and camcorder bags
01-12-2011, 04:34 AM   #4

Crumpler bag

I have a number of Lowepro toploader bags and have stood the test of time but they are designed for body and lens only.
However I recently purchased a crumpler 6 million Dollar home and it fits my K7 with 18-200 attached as well as my 100-300 lens and metz flash. It has both velcro and snatch locks so you can choose to use the velcro whilst moving around and continually opening and closing the bag.
It is comfortable over the shoulder and I can recommend it for carrying a number of lenses as you have listed.

01-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Here is a website that has all of the major brands and styles covered.

Reviews - Cambags.com Camera Bag Resource.

Look under Bag Type / Holster / Show All --> All Holster Reviews - Cambags.com Camera Bag Resource.

Tim
01-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I recomend you take a look at the Lowepro Rezo 170 AW, i just got one and love it, and it can be worn on the belt which is even better
01-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I personally just bought a Thinktank Urban Disguise 60 shoulder bag and I love it. But my work is more specific - street photography, wedding photography, event photography.

For mulling around, I'd recommend maybe...

Lowepro Messenger bag (I think they just made a new one?)
Lowepro Nova

That cambag resource posted above is a great resource!