Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
Check out the downloadable PDF's from: PENTAX digiich
The nice idea here is not to get the WB right, but to get it to look right
Succes,

- Bert
Interesting article, although making my own wb card in photoshop and printing it out with a normal printer doesnt sound like a very reliable option to me. But using "wrong" wb for effect is of course an example of breaking the rules when you know the rules.

Another think I have seen to good effect is to use the tungsten wb setting outdoors, this will give everything a blue cast which can be used to make the sky more blue. if you have a subject such as a person in the foreground then you can flash the subject using a compensating gel on your flash and the subject will have correct colors while the sky will have a blue cast.
10-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #33
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
BTW I picked up an ExpoAmigo today, its a product very similar to expo disc except that its not a filter its just a square piece of plastic available in different sizes, I got the large one. you hold it up in front of the lens and set the custom wb setting using it.

I got it because it was very cheap (cost me less than the photography magazine I also bought) and if it works reasonably well then it can be usefull for situations where the whibal is not as practical such as when using a long tele like 300mm and the subject is in a different light than you but also a spot you cannot go, like a tiger in a zoo which is in the sun while you are in the shade. I predict the whibal should be more accurate but I will test them against each other when I get around to it and post back about it.