Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ebay Wireless triggers

Has anyone had any experience with these?
I ordered some a while ago and they came yesterday but I can't seem to get them to work with my flash

I have followed the instructions, and to no success

Any help would be greatly appreciated

10-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #2

Cactus

Are your wireless trigger and receiver of the Cactus brand ? My 4-channel receivers are called "V2" by the seller, gadget infinity, and supposedly have solved many compatibility problems that occured with "V1". The model name is "PT04". My units have worked flawlessly so far.

I've read that 16 channel units were of a former, less compatible design.
10-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mine work fine...I have the "V2s" version...
10-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
Forum Member

Mine also work well. I have the V2 and have had no issues as of yet firing my Vivitar 285..

10-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have the V2s version and they seem to be working up to about 50 feet so far. The only downside is they don't seem to work with the Gadget Infinity wireless camera trigger. I've played with half a dozen frequencies. Using the camera trigger knocks the success rate of the flash triggers down to about 20% and then they are always out of sync with the shutter. So, no strobist self portraits.
10-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
and
Veteran Member

Seems like the downside of the very low price is a QC way worse than Sigma. I have read about these before and its always a mix of "they work perfectly" to "they work most of the time" and "They didnt work at all".
10-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

DealExtreme: $4.46 Jianisi Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta

i've been using this for about a week and it is magnificent. especially for under $5.

10-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GatorPentax Quote
DealExtreme: $4.46 Jianisi Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta

i've been using this for about a week and it is magnificent. especially for under $5.
I think they are talking about how to fire the flash wireless instead of using a pc cord and not the camera.
10-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #9
ragdog

plastic battery wrap

When mine arrived the batteries were wrapped in very hard to see plastic wrap, I missed it at first and thought I had faulty ones, but once the wrap was removed they worked fine.

David
10-11-2007, 12:34 AM   #10
and
Veteran Member

I didnt know so many people here were using this kind of stuff, how come there are so few lit shots in the post your photos forum when all you guys have the equipment :P
10-11-2007, 05:19 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I didnt know so many people here were using this kind of stuff, how come there are so few lit shots in the post your photos forum when all you guys have the equipment :P
I just got my triggers and an optical slave a week or so ago and have posted a few pics done with them. I got the model that has the phono plug hanging out of the receiver. Mine works great....at least so far. I think they're certainly worth the money for someone to see if off-camera flash is something they care to pursue further before making a big-money investment. I find it very interesting so far am enjoying it immensely.
10-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
First of all thanks for all the responses guys

QuoteOriginally posted by phenri Quote
Are your wireless trigger and receiver of the Cactus brand ? My 4-channel receivers are called "V2" by the seller, gadget infinity, and supposedly have solved many compatibility problems that occured with "V1". The model name is "PT04". My units have worked flawlessly so far.

I've read that 16 channel units were of a former, less compatible design.

That is the exact set i ordered
And after playing with them more last night...I learned that for some reason it only works without the cover on....I guess it pushes the battery to a weird angle or something

It works fine that way for me....Not sure why it wont work otherwise