Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Using YouTube to Review new Accessories.

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right sub forum (I always seem to pick the wrong one) but I just wanted to let everyone know about something new I'm trying. I have started a little YouTube Review channel for DSLR accessories. I want to make it aimed at entry level DSLR users, a place where they can come and take a more in-depth look at various accessories before they make their purchase.

Now by creating this thread I am not advertising, or promoting anything. I do not make any money off of this, nor to I have anything to gain if anyone watches it. I simply want to let people know its out there if they want to check it out. I hope that this does not break any forum rules.

Please share with me any comments you may have. Right now its in the very early stages, so obviously the camera work isn't the best. Im simply trying to make do with what I have for now. (The ever lasting struggle between buying new camera gear and paying the mortgage) lol. So please be gentle. But constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Thanks everyone!

Introduction Video.

Review of the Black Rapid DR-1

Review of the Black Rapid RS-1

Last edited by SlickYamaha; 02-28-2011 at 04:52 AM.
02-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Any suggestions or ideas for future videos would be very much welcomed. Thanks everyone!
03-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I hate to burst your bubble but not many "entry level DSLR users" will be looking for Black Rapid product reviews. BR tends to cater to the serious camera gear people.

If you need ideas, I would read through a few posts in the Pentax Beginner's Corner Q&A forum and see what the newbies need help with (camera bags, tripods, flashes, etc.)

Another option would be to write some reviews in Pentax Forums for the gear you own and post them along with the YouTube links.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 03-01-2011 at 06:02 AM.
03-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I actually have several other items on the channel itself. Your correct, the black rapid straps are a little pricy for entry level. But I also reviewed the cheaper carry speed version. Possibly i worded it wrong, I'm aiming at the entry level dslr user as well as the dslr user who may be looking to start making money as well. Basically I'm trying to keep the items entry-mid level. Nothing overly priced. Perhaps my intro video explains it better...

03-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SlickYamaha Quote
Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right sub forum (I always seem to pick the wrong one) but I just wanted to let everyone know about something new I'm trying. I have started a little YouTube Review channel for DSLR accessories. I want to make it aimed at entry level DSLR users, a place where they can come and take a more in-depth look at various accessories before they make their purchase. . . . So please be gentle. But constructive criticism is always welcomed.
I think it is a great idea since YouTube links show up posts, so all we have to do is click play and we get a live review! I hope you don't limit it to entry level though, anything you've used, liked and can evaluate will be useful, especially seeing the equipment in your hands and in use. Besides, lots of us want to buy the best there is even if we are just getting started because we know it will work best and last the longest. I'd rather save up and get state of the art (when possible) than have a collection of tools I don't feel all that great about.

Anyway, I like your idea.
03-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks very much for your input. Later today I may start a thread asking for product suggestions that people are interested in. any ideas?
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, here are a few other videos I have done. The hardest thing so far is getting in contact with companies. I am trying to review as many of my own items as I can, but running out of things to do. (still have some videos in the works) I have been contacting several companies to get items to review, but its hard to prove that I have a decent channel with so few subscribers. So if anyone is willing to subscribe to my channel and watch some of the videos it would be very much appreciated, and help to get more items to review.

Just as a heads up. I plan on starting up some random contests, where subscribers are entered in a chance to win the one of the items I review. Ill probably try to hold one contest per month... Stay tuned!

Thanks everyone!