Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

UpStrap QR on a K100D

I've been thinking about replacing the stock neck strap on my K100D with one that has quick release locks. The current strap is a pain when I have the camera on a tripod. The UpStrap gets very good reviews but I haven't been able to find any info on the thickness of the strap that goes through the camera lugs. So the question is has anyone used the the UpStrap QR on their K100D or K110D and, if so, how has it worked for you?

10-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
baw

Quickrelease / camera harness

I use a Novoflex Quickrelease, with OptechUsa cameraharness.
Works great with my K100D and Tamron 18-250.

See this post for details and some images.
10-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #3

I made my K10 strap easily removeable by putting very small key rings on the camera's "ears" and attaching a small quick release buckle to the strap ends. These items are usually found at any hardware store. The quick release buckle then attaches to the small key rings. Very simple, secure, and works great.