Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
TR Power Pack 3 schematic

Does anyone out there have a schematic of the TR Power Pack 3 battery pack for the AF540? Pentax has listed them as out of stock for forever and none of the web stores have them or have any idea when they might get any in.

I am to the point that if I can find a schematic I will build my own.

Hardest part, funny as it seems, will be the cable... LOL

Mike

03-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Why, Mike?

I don't have any doubt about your ability to build one. But in my experience, designing is a challenge, but not the greatest. The greatest challenge is to put the design in a small, attractive package.

Why not using an existing solution? I just bought a used copy of the Quantum Turbo for $120 shipped and a replacement battery for $25 shipped. I'm using it with my Metz and Nikon flash units (found the cables for about $10 a copy). I haven't use it with my Pentax 540 yet because I'm cheap, don't want to spend $50 for a new cable. I'm planing to make a cable for Pentax from a cable for Metz 45CT-1; the connectors look very similar. The only thing I want to make sure is the polarity of the Pentax connector. My post asking for the info is still unanswered.

Edited to add:

I found this post, which answers my question and may help you.

Last edited by SOldBear; 03-01-2011 at 02:39 PM.
03-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I hadn't thought about the Quantum packs... Will look into that. Far as the cable goes I will have a look at my old Metz stuff as well. I agree thos cable might be just the ticket. Thanks!