Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
has anyone got any experience, with nationalgeographic explorer cam. backpac.

I have been thinking for a while a camera backpac for shooting at woods...for one or 2 days. I have a real backpac too, but It would be nice to have a camerapac and backpac in same for sutuff, like sleeping, extra jacket/shirt ect...and cam.

So does any one have any experience or cuold you recommende something from your experiense.

03-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you considered either a small bag (Crumpler 6MDH) carried in your regular backpack or an insert like this:Amazon.com: Clik Elite CE510RE Capsule Small (Red): Camera & Photo.
03-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

National Geo items look really nice but I'm not sure if they are good in terms of usefulness and are quite expensive too so I never bought them.
I would bet there are better bags out there that are more useful, roomier and cheaper.
03-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's Why I asked this question. It seems to be expensive, but if it would be good for money, why not...I have to keep searching. That Insert seems itresting, I haven't really thought of that. I'm little a bit tired to carry both, cam bag and stuff in separate bags...for day trip or 2 day. they usually seems to tangle up when hiking, crosscontry skiing, biking...and if you want to take a pic. you have to untangle and shoot...

03-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

My understanding is that they aren't particuarly strong or well-designed, ....don't really know about the backpacks, actually, but I was looking at em some time ago, (In this case a consideration was to be able to carry this really really heavy old laptop, so that may bias my decision there. )

But I really really do like the color of em. (Though canvas may be a bit of a bummer in a backpack. Rain and all. )
03-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I like their color and look(nationalgeog..explorer med.backpac) but if that dosn't really work ill go with kata Backpacs. They seems to be good and well priced(but looks little plastikie) and can use wear, apparently...