Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
quick release plate wanted

Hi does any one recognise this quick release plate? I m trying to find a spare plate only.
It is supposd to be from a English mfg of tripods but their other products have been described on some forums as copies of famous tripod brands so I was hoping this might be to, especially as they say they have no spares.
thanks
Alistair

Last edited by adwb; 03-31-2012 at 07:01 AM.
03-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KEH

You might try KEH. They seem to have all manner of quick release plates.

NaCl(good source of things photographic)H2O
03-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

If you do some measurements we might be able to find a suitable fit plate - there are plenty out there.

Distance across between the quick release clamp sides when closed, width as well as depth would all be helpful (in Metric!).

I have a bunch of different plates, a couple of which might fit in the clamp - not looking to sell, but I can measure and let you know if they'd work.
03-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There don't seem to be many standards to this part. I try to buy several with any new tripod, and still seem to have problems. For one little pod, I've considered just making something.

03-22-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
If you do some measurements we might be able to find a suitable fit plate - there are plenty out there.

Distance across between the quick release clamp sides when closed, width as well as depth would all be helpful (in Metric!).

I have a bunch of different plates, a couple of which might fit in the clamp - not looking to sell, but I can measure and let you know if they'd work.
thank you for your offer , dimensions below
alistair

Last edited by adwb; 03-31-2012 at 07:01 AM.
03-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should be findable, but I'd also suggest that before you buy a bunch, you might consider just replacing the clamp on the head with something of a more versatile/common standard, like Arca or one of the more common Bogen types (Funny, those look similar.)