Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RF-600TX replaces RF-602TX in Yongnuo RF-602 Kits

Received a new RF-602 kit today, and discovered they have made some changes. Yongnuo have replaced the RF-602TX Transmitter with the RF-600TX. They state they have 'revised' it to 'work better with TTL to create a more power system'. To accomplish this.. strangely.. they have ditched the PC-Sync port on the trigger and put a plug in place.

New trigger on left, original 602TX trigger on right.

Externally, besides the 'plastic plug' replacing the PC-Sync port, there is also new screen printing to say "RF-600TX" as well as on the reverse it now has printing to remind you of the "ALL" channel coding (all dips on).They also come with a more modernised manual that also details the accessories available on the back.

The cynic in me would suggest that the removal of the PC-Sync Port is more to coincide with the release of the AS-20 PC-Sync Hotshoe Adapter. As I had to make the mod with the capacitor to make it Pentax friendly @ 1/180, I opened it up to see.

Low and behold - there is the drill holes and pads for the PC-Sync port still on the board including the solder pads and screen print. Shorting them out also does cause the trigger to fire. Hmmm....

So for those that buy the 602's (and why not, they are cheap, and work to 1/180 with a minor mod, and are good to 100m's), and if you really want a sync port on the trigger - you can just attach one. The plastic plug removes easily enough, and its a simply matter to solder the wires in place like in the original 602TX's.

Besides this - the units are identical to the previous 602TX's. After modification, they also shoot quite nicely @ 1/180. All of these shots where taken using two flashes and one of my earlier modded Nikon triggers (an RF-602TX). All the other mods will work unchanged as well as they are the same as before internally and in operation.

(Strobist Info: 1 x Achiever TZ250 on Full Power (Manual) and Rosco full CTO Gel through an umbrella directly over the working area camera left rear; 1 x Sigma DF-500 DG Super at 1/4 zoomed to 50mm with a reflective top bounce card and Rosco full CTO Gel at immediate camrea right.)

08-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Inactive Account

GREAT help thanks, have question

I hate the new RF-600TX. I am glad to know all they did was drop the PC-Sync port. All sellers on E-bay say they will ship the RF-602TX but send the RF-600TX. Do you have a place to buy the PC-Sync port so I can add it to the RF-600TX? I now have several.

With your detailed pictures I should be able to do it.

Thanks for your article.
08-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Many questions here:

1-I did not know the RF-60x could work with Pentax PTTL? Am I reading you right?

2-Why wouldn't they work at 1/180s ?

I currently use the YN-04 II, do you know if those triggers are compatible together?
08-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
1-I did not know the RF-60x could work with Pentax PTTL? Am I reading you right
The RX-602/RX-600 triggers do not support any form of p/TTL, regardless of whether it's Pentax or Nikon or Canon. All these triggers do is trigger the flash.

2-Why wouldn't they work at 1/180s ?
There are some issues due to the hotshoe pin configuration of the triggers and the Pentax hotshoe. There is a fix written by adr1an in another thread.

I currently use the YN-04 II, do you know if those triggers are compatible together?
No, they are not compatible. For a start, they use different frequencies; the YN-04 triggers use 433MHZ, the RF-60x triggers use 2.4GHz

02-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I came across this via a Google search!

I have some old triggers that I was looking to upgrade so I bought a Yongnuo kit off eBay. I bought the RF-602/C Canon kit as I thought that as there was only a Canon or Nikon version Canon would be better as I know we share the cable release socket size with them so the better of the 2 evils?

Reading up now I see people recommend getting the Nikon version for using with Pentax cameras.

Will this Canon version be no good then and its best to sell it on? If it is ok then I presume it won't harm my camera in any way as the Canon pins don't marry up with the pins on my hotshoe?

Also, I know I'm a pain! But will these work at 1/160th as I saw a reference to a mod?

---------- Post added 02-18-2015 at 05:15 PM ----------

I should add I have the Canon version RF-600TX controller and RF-602RX receiver