Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Markins Acra-Swiss camera plate for k-x

Does anyone have any experience with Markins camera plates for the k-x? They show a PG-34N for the k-r and k-5 but nothing for the k-x. I emailed them and they replied "For smaller Pentax K-x, the PG-30U plate will work."

I would rather get the heavier plate if it will work on the k-x, just wondering if anyone has used their plates on a k-x.

03-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would guess that the K-r plate would work on the K-x, isn't the K-r the same body as the K-x??
Just as the K-5 is the same as the K-7.
03-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Kx and Kr have the same body dimensions and I believe share the same body. I have an Arcatech K20 plate that fits on my K100 body just fine, and the body sizes differ substantially. Also, with an Acra-Swss compatible plate, you can use plates/clamps and brackets from any A-S compatible vendor -RRS, Acratech, Kirk, Markins, etc.

You can always go with just a flat plate, however one with a fitted lip will prevent the camera body from twisting. Personally, I would email all of the vendors and see what they recommend and suggest. Also, if you purchase through B&H, Amazon or Adorama you can always return or exchange.