Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax bags ???

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Has anyone actually seen them?

I need to get a camera bag, because I'm tired of using my dad's old canon bag. I'm really just looking for something small, so I'm thinking about getting the Pentax DSLR Sling Bag or the Pentax DSLR Gadget Bag. Except, I can't find pictures of either of the bags anywhere!

Has anyone else purchased camera bags from Pentax?

10-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this what you are interested in?

Pentax SLR Camera Holster Case/Bag for Digital K10D NEW - (eBay item 160170803343 end time Oct-29-07 15:02:43 PDT)
10-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I can't get to Pentax's online store to show you, but that doesn't seem to be what they've described on their website.
10-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Take a look at the Lowe Pro Sling 200. We bought two of them (for my wife as well as me). Just love them. They're feather light... sling around so you can access the contents, have a flip over chamois to protect your LCD screen from the strap when the camera is in the bag... and a great padded strap. This has to be the best bag I've ever purchased. Check it out
here:

Lowepro - SlingShot 200 AW

10-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have the gadget bag and its pretty decent if you don't have much to carry and it looks nice cuz of the Pentax logo. It also has two plastic shoes on the botton of the bag which I thought was a nice touch.

wHat I didn't like was that it lacked the 'weather' flap and zipper that comes standard in the LowePro bags. So basically its just a flip over 'lid' and stuff can fall out the sides if you aren't careful.
10-29-2007, 01:36 AM   #6

I second JamesD, i myself own a LowePro Slingshot 100 AW and it's amazing! Quick and easy access!
10-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We have a few of the Lowepro bags where I work, and I like them except they're mostly tiny. I've tried them out and it really looks awkward when I'm wearing them.

Thanks for the info. I may just take my chances with the Pentax sling bag and get one of the larger lowepro or tamrac bags later.

10-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The Slingshot 200 has room for two extra lenses plus the k10d body with kit lens plus a flash. It also has a number of small pockets for other accessories (i.e. filters, cards, so forth). If that is not large enough, then there is the Slingshot 300 that should pretty much fit anyone's needs. The 200 is perfect for us but we only intend of carrying a max of two extra lenses.
10-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
and
Veteran Member

I have the slingshot 200 as well, love it. but i think if i had so much gear that i needed the 300 then it wouldnt be comfortable anymore, that design with 1 shoulder strap is not that comfortable if the bag is very heavy. but the 200 works great.
10-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I meant tiny as in when I'm wearing them, not in respect to the space inside of the bag. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I'd rather have a bag that doesn't look awkward on me. I tried a bunch on at work, but they all were mostly the small square looking backpack models.

I'm leaning towards the tamrac adventure 9 or the lowepro aw II for my other bag.

Do you guys generally keep all of your gear in one place? I haven't figured out where to store my lenses and stuff when they're not in the bag. Right now I've been leaving them on my dresser, but I've noticed it gets dusty fairly fast.

Any suggestions for filter cases?
10-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Ha! I've decided not to buy so much gear that my bag won't accommodate what I have. Seriously, why not put your extra lenses that you don't want to pack with you, in woolen socks? Put them "in" your bureau drawer where they'll be safe, out of the way and free from dust. I once had quite a collection of gear back in my slr days. I discovered that for the most part, I only used two lenses and the others I generally left at home. That's one of the main reasons I decided to exercise fiscal restraint and not go crazy on buying a lot of equipment that I know will only receive spotty use at best. Unless I plan to do a lot of photography in a certain area (i.e. macro), I won't invest just on a speculation that I might.

Just my two cents.

All the best.
10-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #12

James, I am pleased to hear that you love your Slingshot as much as I do!
10-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Ha! I've decided not to buy so much gear that my bag won't accommodate what I have. Seriously, why not put your extra lenses that you don't want to pack with you, in woolen socks? Put them "in" your bureau drawer where they'll be safe, out of the way and free from dust. I once had quite a collection of gear back in my slr days. I discovered that for the most part, I only used two lenses and the others I generally left at home. That's one of the main reasons I decided to exercise fiscal restraint and not go crazy on buying a lot of equipment that I know will only receive spotty use at best. Unless I plan to do a lot of photography in a certain area (i.e. macro), I won't invest just on a speculation that I might.

Just my two cents.

All the best.
But that makes too much sense! I've been told you're only young once, and from what I've read from other forum members, once you get a family the big spending days are over.
10-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #14
Inactive Account

so any body really have experience on the Pentax sling bag? actual photos would be nice. cheers!
10-30-2007, 05:31 AM   #15

I've got:

> Pentax holster bag - it's small, but holds K10D without grip and one zoom lens.

> Pentax "gadget bag" - it's too small and barely holds a K10D with grip and lens and another small lens.

> LowePro SlingShot 200 - It's great (once you know how to use it) and holds a K10D with grip and lens as well as four other lenses and flash (and all sorts of other accoutrements)

> LowePro Sideline Shooter - It's small, but comfortably holds a K10D with grip and lens and another zoom lens as well as some accoutrements. This is a waist carrier.

> LowePro Nova 5AW - It holds everything I could need and gets v-e-r-y heavy making me wonder why I don't exercise more.

Conclusion: The Pentax name on a bag is nice. I'd like it better if the bags were bigger and the name didn't blatantly shout I've got photographic gear in me (I've removed the IDs from the LowePro gear.)

Larry in Dallas