Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #1

Buying Pentax sling bag

Hi all

I am considering purchasing the pentax sling bag, and want to know what other people's opinions on this bag are, and if you all think it's a good size for what i am looking for:

i would like to carry (at most - i probably will not have all of these things all the time) the camera with 18-55 lens attached, an additional zoom lens, batteries, a holga, some 120 film, and some extra things like keys, id, money, sunglasses, cell phone.

does this seem like too much for this bag?

thanks!

04-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #2

Lowepro slingshot 100

Not sure what a Pentax sling bag is but I have the Lowepro slingshot 100 and 200. I use the 100 for my K-5 plus three primes and GF1 with 7-14 with misc stuff and the 200 will handle the E-5 plus 50-200 and 12-60 plus large flash and light modifiers. Hope this helps. Dave
04-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If your not buying online, why not go to your dealer and try the gear. Most dealers welcome this. I have a Tenba sling I use most of the time but it doesn't have the 'junk' compartment you appear to need. And a Lowenpro which does but is a bit larger. Both a great packs and I can recommend both manufacturers.
04-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I own one. I like this bag but it has limits. There is space for a camera + lens (main compartment), 2-3 reasonable lenses in the bottom (I usually go with just two lenses). A flash or long lens in the top. It has Velcro edged dividers so you can reconfigure it to you requirements. Given the list of stuff you listed, I believe you could get all that in. I've had it for about 3 years now and while I have a large LowePro pack for extended shoots + tripod, the sling bag is good for the amount of gear you listed.

I'm currently keeping my Pentax 645 (flim) body with 75mm lens in the main compartment two lenses in the bottom, and extra 120 container, and a long lens on top.

I think it's a good value for its size. There are other sling bags out there and the Pentax bag really is in the few frills class but mine's a keeper.

04-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm not personally familiar with them enough to speak to fit, but they have a pretty good reputation, and at least when people were talking about them more, they were really good bargains.
04-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I bought my wife a Pentax sling bag when I got her the camera. We can easily fit her K200D with grip and 18-55 kit lens mounted, plus her DA55-300, some spare batteries, the basic eneloop charger, and a few odd items. Your kit should fit but don't expect individual pockets for your cell phone, keys, id, money, sunglasses, etc.
We also had to resew the short loop strap which started to tear. Not a big deal.

UPDATE: After seeing Audiobomber's posting, I realize that they are selling a different bag now. The Sling Bag that I'm referring to is the older, smaller (2 compartment) design.

Last edited by calicojack; 04-13-2011 at 06:21 AM.
04-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #7

It's a great bag for your pentax camera, a short to medium zoom, and 2 more lenses, plus room for cell phone, batteries, etc. Perfect for vacation or short hikes. The padding is very comfortable and the sling feature is excellent. I've moved onto bigger, bulkier bags as my lens/gear collection has grown, but find myself choosing the Pentax sling bag more often than not due to it's small size and good comfort.

04-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Please note that there are two different sizes of Pentax Slingbag. The one I use would fit all your gear and more. The other style I've seen doesn't have the bottom compartment and is not as well made.

I love mine, it's shocking how much it carries; K20D, 16-45, 55-300, 10-17 fisheye, FA 35, FA 50, D FA 100 macro and Sigma EF-530 flash, plus accessories (filters, spare batteries, etc). If I'm not going to use the big flash, I put the K-x in the top compartment with a small lens mounted.

04-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #9

Original Poster
thanks everyone!
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #10

Original Poster
i just got the pentax bag today, ordered from b+h. it seems like a pretty nice bag, comfortable and has room for what i need. not quite attractive, but most of the ones i've been looking at aren't! saw some super cute camera bags for women on etsy, but of course don't hold all the things i want. i think this will be good for walking around town and not having to carry a separate purse, or for going on bike rides with the camera.