Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Forum Member

Help me find a bag for my kx and primes

Hi folks,

I am looking for a small camera bag that will hold a kx and my 3 primes (DA 21, 40 and FA 77). One will be on the camera itself of course. Any good options that others have found?

Last edited by spicy cho; 04-19-2011 at 04:41 PM.
04-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, that shouldn't be too hard at all. Ought to be plenty of good choices. Do you have other requirements, like a style you like? (To narrow it down a little. )
04-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Right now I use a lowerpro 1W which holds my kx w/ DA 40 with an extra set of batteries. I'm thinking of just getting a small belt/fanny pack to hold the other lenses in. But something small and black, with a bit of padding is what I'd be interested in.
04-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spicy cho Quote
Right now I use a lowerpro 1W which holds my kx w/ DA 40 with an extra set of batteries. I'm thinking of just getting a small belt/fanny pack to hold the other lenses in. But something small and black, with a bit of padding is what I'd be interested in.
Well, that's, again, pretty easy. Where are you in the world, anyway? I noticed some Lowepros that would answer to that description in, of all places K-mart. You might look at Crumplers for a more casual sort of look, but I like Lowepros. With a kit like that I might just go for a little satchelley case with room for a camera and mounted lens, and another compartment in which to put the ones not in use, connected by a double-ended rear lens cap from Optech:

04-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Domke F-5XB. Based on my personal experience, you'll even have room for the DA15 in there as well.

Oops, hope that thought doesn't cost you too much money.
04-19-2011, 04:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
These are easy requirements, almost anything, sold anywhere, could fit. I suggest a trip to the local camera store with your equipment. Look in their bins of discounted bags, you should be good to go.

If you want something fancier, purchase a nice messenger bag, and get yourself an insert off eBay or some other place. That way you get a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag.
04-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
I really like the Domke F5Xb, think I will go with that one.

04-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
REM
Forum Member

I also will add a vote for the Domke F5xb. It was my first DSLR bag. I carried my K-7 and 2-3 of my DA Limiteds(with room for 1 or 2 more) in it along with memory cards, usb memory card reader, K-7 manual, microfiber cloth, and extra battery. Love the length of the shoulder strap and its "grippy-ness". I will still use it when I just want to use my Limiteds, as I have a bigger shoulder bag as well as a backpack for taking my zooms with or without limiteds and more accessories.
04-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I really like the Domke F5Xb, think I will go with that one.

That'd have been about the first place I looked, personally. Classic choice.
04-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
I just ordered the Domke in olive green from Amazon, I know I said black but the olive looks awesome! Thanks for the help!

Last edited by spicy cho; 04-19-2011 at 04:42 PM.
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I just ordered the Domke in olive green from Amazon, I know I said black but the olive looks awesome! Thanks for the help!
Good choice. Pratical, stylish, comfortable and discreet (apart from the velcro).
I got an Olive F-5XC last month (i sometimes carry a flash or 55-300 in the lower section). I've taken out a 3 prime kit + 1 zoom to the zoo or in the city and it works great, easy to get into and not bulky like most other shoulder bags.

In the 5XB With those Op-tech double rear caps you could stack 2 "ltds" at either side to take 4 small lenses + 1 mounted with the (if you wanted to)

You might want to partly cover the velcro though, its loud....RRRIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!
05-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
Good choice. Pratical, stylish, comfortable and discreet (apart from the velcro).
I got an Olive F-5XC last month (i sometimes carry a flash or 55-300 in the lower section). I've taken out a 3 prime kit + 1 zoom to the zoo or in the city and it works great, easy to get into and not bulky like most other shoulder bags.

In the 5XB With those Op-tech double rear caps you could stack 2 "ltds" at either side to take 4 small lenses + 1 mounted with the (if you wanted to)

You might want to partly cover the velcro though, its loud....RRRIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!
The first thing I did with my F-5XB almost 10 years ago was to cut off all the velcro. Have not missed it a bit.
05-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I go:

Crumpler - Bunnyman... for shoulder bag days with a fair amount of kit... My usual day bag...

Crumpler - Messenger Boy 4000... for shoulder bag days with minimum of kit...

Lowepro - Flipside 300 - for rucksack days where I want (nearly) everything or will be walking a fair distance and need more maneuverability... Used mainly for nightime shooting and storage of gear I don't nomally carry... The tripod holder is a nice touch...