Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Crumpler Brazillian Dollar bag for $145

saw this on sale in my local camera store...
pretty good price, but I don't know if I will ever need this size....

Lee

04-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
saw this on sale in my local camera store...
pretty good price, but I don't know if I will ever need this size....

Lee
Not seein' a link or a photo here.
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
you can fit in a "lot" of things :

from B&H : "Two pro digital SLR camera bodies with zoom lens attached, four additional lenses, three or more speedlights, up to 17" laptop computer, and camera & lighting sup."

except for the 2 DSLR, it's kind of what i carry when a go on vacantion. And except the laptop, and flash, it's kind of what i carry when i go for some photos ...
04-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Not seein' a link or a photo here.
Hi, is at my local camera store (MA)... they have quite some crumpler bags. The price tags on the brazillian can be seen drop from $3xx, $2xx, to $145

Thinking of picking one up...

04-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Well, it is half-price based on what B&H sells it for. Definitely a good deal on a nice bag.
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I can fit that much stuff in my Dakine Sequence - it is then a somewhat manageable load since it is a fairly well designed backpack (from a company that makes backpacks first, not camera gear). That much equipment in a shoulder bag? No Thank You!
04-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I got one new last year for $150, but that was just luck. They guy wanted to get rid of it and gave me a great price. The sad thing is that I never ended up using it. I got a rolling Jack (by Jill.e) bag at Target two weeks later and decided to use it instead because of the wheels. The Brazillion Dollar home does hold everything though.

04-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

This is it...

My personal thought is that it's too damn big... If you want to carry that much stuff you'd be better of with a rucksack style bag than a shoulder bag...

I love crumpler bags though... I have an old 'Bunnyman' that I carry day to day with K-x with tamron 17-50 attached, 3 more lenses, flash, triggers and 2 sets of spare batteries and it still has space...

I have a muffintop 4000 too... but rarely use it these days... Cracking bag if you don't need to carry much though...

Also have a lowepro flipside 300 that fits all my DSLR gear and an MEsuper, fuji p&s, waterproof jacket and pants, and tripod that I use for travelling,walking,cycling etc...