Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DIY Bean Bag Support?

I'm looking for a project for my wife.......

Now that I have your attention...just kidding - kind of...

I'd like to have a nice bean bag support for my setup. My wife is quite handy with the sewing machine, so I thought I would see if she would make one for me.

What I really need are some dimensions for her to go by, and what for "beans" to use.

Size wise - I will be using it with my K20D w/grip attached most of the time with a Tamron 90 Macro.

Thanks for any input on size or pattern to follow.

04-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
CamPod may be a good model to follow.
04-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It also depends much on how tall you need it to be: with macros that might matter. A rectangle is good cause you can go low or bunch it up on end. One thing you can do is get actual dried beans and experiment a little with sizes and how tight to pack em, before making something up. (You can use actual dried beans, you do want that to be moisture-proof if you'll use it for long, though. )

I've got like this tub of Airsoft pellets that I came by pretty randomly, I don't know if they're expensive or what, but I'm thinking of using them for a beanbag. Plastic beads such as are used to plastic casting aren't really, and those ought to work OK, too...
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
CamPod may be a good model to follow.
Thanks for the link - I like the way this one is made. My wife is going to make a prototype following this.