Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got this nice Pentax camera bag yesterday!

Like the one on Amazon: Amazon.com: Pentax DSLR Gadget Bag for Pentax DSLR cameras Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo

I got it for only $24.95 on clearance, cause I guess they just weren't selling them--so many CaNikon folks lol.

Anyways despite the retarded negative reviews on Amazon, this bag is an excellent bag! Quality made--haven't seen such quality in a long time to be honest.

People complain it's small on amazon yet I managed to fit in the bag:
1. K-X body with 18-55 kit lens
2. Tokina 28mm 2.8 (in diy lens wrap)
3. Pentax K 35/3.5 (in diy lens wrap)
4. Pentax-M 50/1.4 (in diy lens wrap)
5. Pentax K 55/1.8 (in diy lens wrap)
(or replace two of the above lenses with a Asahi Pentax K2 body in a diy wrap)
6. Sunpak 433 D (not a little flash by all means)
7. Two sets of spare batteries
8. Camera USB cable
9. Several filters and the pentax m42 to K adapter.
10. Roll of film
11. Two cleaning brushes (1 for ccd and 1 for lens) & lens cloth.
12. My iphone 4 (in diy soft case with pocket for debit/credit card and driver's license)

and I still got some more room for little things up top.

Few notes:
* Don't put anything heavy in the top lid pocket as it will make it awkward to open and close ( i put my batteries, filters, film etc up here)
* It is made to use with the top unzipped most of the time with two latches holding it closed. It's fairly quick to open and close I find if you keep it unzipped. I'll zip it when there is any rain or when I need extra safety. People complain on amazon that it isn't easy to open and close, and I bet that is becasue they are wanting to zip and unzip it every time--like I was trying to do at first.. I didn't initially like the bag at first because of this but found out I was doing it wrong.

Anyways the camera store in Tulsa has one more of these bags on clearance for $24.95 if anyone is interested. You could call them and they might ship the bag to you. I don't know if one can get it this cheap online. Anyways the store number is (918) 252-3652. Their web site is: Camera Gallery - Home

Last edited by geekette; 05-19-2011 at 07:26 AM.
05-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nifty! Looks like a nice home for your stuff...

I scored one of these yesterday at Goodwill for $2.49:

It's a Tamrac - Model 5515 Adventure Zoom 5. They usually go for $30-$40.

Doesn't look like it's ever been used. I figure it'll come in handy those times when I just want to travel light with my walkaround 28-210 or 18-55 mounted.

I never find anything at GW. I went there on the off chance I'd find some sort of case I could use for my 3M 500mm mirror lens (which I did, also for $2.49.) Yesterday was just my lucky day, I guess.

Last edited by GibbyTheMole; 05-19-2011 at 08:36 AM.
05-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow nice! congrats! All my goodwill ever has is total junk!
05-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thank ya! All my GW ever has is overpriced total junk. I've seen shoes for $70 & a purse for $125... At a Goodwill! And LPs of Quiet Riot & Journey in the glass case for $10-$15 a pop. It's nuts. I only tried GW as a last-ditch effort after my local camera shop failed to have the lens case I needed. Maybe I'll have to stop in more often....

05-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for this report on the Pentax bag. I've wondered about it. I own the Pentax sling bag and have to say that I agree with the OP's remarks on quality. I used it for a while until I wanted something bigger but it now continues to serve as my Pentax 645 (film) camera bag (body, film canister, 2 lenses plus extras). Good stuff.
05-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
mel
Veteran Member

I have that nifty little Pentax bag. I use it as a dedicated old manual lenses shooting bag. It's loaded with Takumars etc. It holds a surprising amount of stuff and is quite durable.
05-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cool, I like the size of it, just small enough to be a large purse I think I'll be carrying it more than my purse Although it is kinda hard on the shoulder with the weight of those old lenses and asahi pentax k2 body.