Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"Fashion" DSLR Bags At Big Lots

Big Lots in the states has a lot of "fashion" DSLR bags in. They're running from about $10-24. Faux leather, black and brown, various styles. They actually look a lot like a woman's purse and less like a camera bag which is why I grabbed one for $11 for when I don't want to run around with my Tamrac zoom bag that practically screams "DSLR camera bag." (I love my 515 zoom bag but it is unfortunately attracting a little too much attention whenever I take the camera out.)

The decorative stitching on them can be a bit rough in spots depending upon the bag, watch for that, but otherwise they seem to be made fairly well for the price. Good zippers, they're supposedly weather resistant, lots of dividers and pockets.

The one I bought was black with a pink, green and black striping inside. It's your typical "designer" hand bag on the outside, but the design basically says knockoff. It has pockets on either side, and a long pocket on the back. There's a buckle and a strap on front but that's actually just for show it has a good slide release under that.

It's not huge. It's about the size of a ladies medium sized purse, but after adjusting the dividers a bit I could easily fit my K-x with the Tamron 75-200 on it and I still had room for my 75-300 Vivitar, the kit lens, and all the junk I normally carry like my batteries, a couple of filters, my log book, the manual, and my flash.

Even with all that in there I still had enough space left over to put my wallet, my glasses case, and the rest of the most basic junk I keep in my purse so in a pinch that case could function as a purse which just also happens to be a camera bag. That would depend upon how much you tend to tote, and how many lenses you want to run around with I suppose, but I do think it makes a nice ladies camera bag/purse.

Can't beat the price. I'm wishing it was real leather, but at this price I can't hardly expect that and at least it looks like it might be. To me they looked like they were made more for women, the prints inside the black ones were definitely geared towards gals, but the brown one I saw the stripes were neutral browns and a guy might like that one I think. There may be more styles than I saw here elsewhere too. Big Lots was showing similar bags in more colors online but unfortunately you can't just purchase online. You always have to take your chances and purchase at your local store with them.

Anyway, I thought it was a good deal for the bags I saw so I thought I'd mention it.

06-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's called a "European handbag".
Post some pictures when you can.
06-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote

01-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #4

Hi magkelly,
Thanks for this article..
Keep sharing these information..

01-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It's a little bit of a trek to go over to Big Lots. Could you post a picture? I would like a small purse/camera bag to carry around 24/7 in town. Carrying a purse AND a camera bag is a little too much for me.
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
That's "European shoulder bag". It was a gift...