Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
[langtitle=pt]I have a Slingshot 200AW[/langtitle]

I have a Slingshot 200AW.
... is fantastic.

06-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

I am delighted with the 100AW I received as a gift 6 months ago. I knew the sling would be convenient for lens changes but I've discovered many more benefits of a sling bag as compared to a typical backpack:
  • It serves as a camera stabilizer. I swing the bag to my front and rest my left elbow on it, making a chest-mounted monopod.
  • When I'm sitting on a train I can put the bag on my lap without having to take it off.
  • Museums with strict no-backpack policies don't seem to object to front-mounted bags. If I start to encounter problems, though, I can toss a white cloth in the bag and tell security it's a diaper bag
  • It's easy to wiggle a small sling bag around on my back for a little bit of ventilation. Normal backpacks lead to a sweaty back.
The sling does have an annoying tendency to slip off my back on a bicycle. The auxiliary waist-level strap resolves that 100%.

I have found zero defects in the bag after 6 months of heavy use. The zippers move smoothly. Fabric has done a good job resisting dirt and scratches.
06-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well it's day 2 and the bag is getting some use and it's good! Mimicking John Flores above, I put the second body in the top pocket with a lens attached. I left the 2 other manual lenses in another bag and took everything else pretty much as-is. I transferred the accessories to the area once occupied by the film gear, and we're good to go!

I do love being able to swing it around front in buses, trains, etc. Keeps it away from pickpockets and is easier to manage in tight spaces.
08-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
... i was able to turn one set of the dividers to allow them to open and be accessed via the side flap only; this has turned out to be a huge convenience, especially when switching quickly between 2 or 3 lenses.

I dont have a pic but hopefully i can post one up here since my description skills are lacking.

i decided to turn both sets of dividers sideways to allow flap access to everything and this is how i now use my Slingshot 200AW.

I added the two padded flaps from another bag to act as doors and to pad the camera which rests on top...this pic shows about 7 or 8 lenses in the bag and all are accessible without having to unlatch the zipper stops. The longest lens that fits comfortable here is Takumar 200/4 (shown in upper left slot). if i need to carry a larger lens, it goes in my belt pouch.

08-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Im with Mike. I turned the dividers sideways for when toting 200mm plus lenses - they just fit and extract more easily...

Gear has changed but same strategy holds- most used gear nearer the top, and seldom open the flap further than the pinch lock straps unless bag is on the ground.
08-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #21

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been using the 100AW for a few years now with my Z20, it is great. I like the ability just to swing it around without having to remove it, plus the AW cover has come in handy more than once. Was shooting in a forest once, and the skies opened up, had my non-WP camera in the bag, the AW cover on in minutes, before the real deluge, and hail, started.

Getting the 300AW, or some variant of the 300, when I get my K-r soon.

B
08-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #22

[langtitle=sl]Your Slik II Mini Tripé ...[/langtitle]

Your Slik II Mini Tripé suport the Pentax KX and a big lens?
Thanks
Penharbel

08-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #23

Odd question...

But I have a 200AW and it mentions something about a padded waist strap in the little product info book it came with. I have absolutely no idea what its talking about, as the extra clip on it is most certainly not a waist strap. (Thinking about it, I don't even know what the extra strap is for...)

Does anybody know what the deal is?
08-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #24
Veteran Member

It is a waist strap, it clips on from around its side up to the main strap.

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 08-28-2011 at 09:46 PM.
09-04-2011, 04:59 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If I undersand your post - yes, my Slik Mini II does just fine with my K-X and a large lens (though the biggest one I put on there was the 16-45 which isn't that heavy, just big.