Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-7 Battery top-up

I try to shoot fully-charged... even though the K-7 battery life is fantastic 1000 photos per charge (non-flash)

The threshold of when it drops to low-battery is very hard when one shoots 600 photos at time... I come from battery percentage world on my laptop, iPhone, and various work tablets. The battery charger seems really lightweight and it doesn't feel like there are many electronic components inside... is the charger smart enough to do top-up charges? Or is a 3rd party option a better choice?

06-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a K-7, with the original Pentax battery and the original Pentax battery charger.

In the K-7, I switch off (completely) the LCD screen, I kill off all in-camera PP (for a number of reasons other than battery life) and I rareful use the flash.

I can get easily 850 shots with still some juice in the camera. As a principle, I never ever discharge completely the battery: I had some nasty experience wth other cameras.

With a genuine K-7 Pentax battery, the life is linked with the number of options requring LCD screen, in-camera PP, flash .... The battery icon is not very accurate. When it starts to drop, you can still do a few hundreds of shots.

Hope that the comments will help...

Last edited by hcc; 06-19-2011 at 01:27 AM.