Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DynaTran AT-A100T enDurance Tripod

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anyone use DynaTran tripod before? just wondering what do you think of it.. well built? I am looking at the AT-A100T, which is Carbon Fiber... stuff is getting heavy now..

Thanks
Vic

11-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
roy
Inactive Account

i've had 3 of their pods and highly recommend them. currently i'm using this one HERE.
it's their AT-A104T. it's rock solid. i was using it with a 600mm this morning.

it's a giottos knock off and would be about $375 from them. mine was just under 100usd delivered. when set up the top plate is at 63'' with the column down. add a head and the camera and the VF is too tall for me to see thru. while you're at it pick up a ATH-A01 ballhead. it's also a giottos knockoff that would cost you $200+. it's excellent and supports up to 8K or 17.5pounds.
i also got one of these for an offer of $100 delivered. i had to modify it a bit but its great for my super lenses. GIMBAL
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Roy, I've seriously considered these heads. I had one to test and it seemed solid for a lens like the Bigma etc. My issue is that I can't seem to get extra QR plates for them. I like to leave a plate on each camera and on my 2 longer lenses all the time. That way you're not always switching it from one to another. Have you found a source for extra heads? I wrote these guys and checked their web sites but they never wrote back.

BTW they have a solid product. I bought one of their monopods and love it. Solid, long enough for any use. I tested the tripod above and it seems excellent for the money.
11-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Peter, I know eh, they never reply any email. But their price listed in ebay are very very good...

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess I will be ebay-ing for a bit haha wish me luck~

11-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I bought a ton of stuff from Amvona on ebay. do yourself a favor and check the completed listings for whatever it is that you want. find the average price and keep offering that until you win. some effort and patience will save you some money.
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #6

i just got the 105T and the AT-04 ball head.
they go well together and came at the great price.
no instructions but easy to use.

i wouldn't hesitate to make the same purchase.

i'd agree at looking at completed auctions but the prices have slowly gone up.
11-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #7
roy
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Roy, I've seriously considered these heads. I had one to test and it seemed solid for a lens like the Bigma etc. My issue is that I can't seem to get extra QR plates for them. I like to leave a plate on each camera and on my 2 longer lenses all the time. That way you're not always switching it from one to another. Have you found a source for extra heads? I wrote these guys and checked their web sites but they never wrote back.

BTW they have a solid product. I bought one of their monopods and love it. Solid, long enough for any use. I tested the tripod above and it seems excellent for the money.
pete,
i've asked and actually got an answer that they should have the extra plates in stock this month--maybe?? these plates are suppose to be the same size as the giottos,RRS, arca plates. ck them out. i've got a plate from a 4th market guy that fits perfectly. it's also a lot larger. if you want me to i'll try and find the seller. i think , off the top of my head, that it may be ''dream maker 2'' on ebay..

11-16-2007, 06:39 AM   #8
roy
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Roy, I've seriously considered these heads.. My issue is that I can't seem to get extra QR plates for them. I like to leave a plate on each camera and on my 2 longer lenses all the time.
forgot to say, i've got 2 of the heads so i've got 3 plates now that fit. the thing is that with my 500/4.5 amd 300/2.8 i'm using the gimbal for them. all i need now is a 400/4 and a fast wide and i'll be set..(yeah, right)
11-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #9
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
pete,
i've asked and actually got an answer that they should have the extra plates in stock this month--maybe?? these plates are suppose to be the same size as the giottos,RRS, arca plates. ck them out. i've got a plate from a 4th market guy that fits perfectly. it's also a lot larger. if you want me to i'll try and find the seller. i think , off the top of my head, that it may be ''dream maker 2'' on ebay..
Roy, I tried a search on Ebay for that name with no luck. As it turns out I was at my local repair shop ( sells gear too and I really need to stop going there) and he had a Amvona ATH A03. So I popped it on my Manfrotto tripod and tested it with the Bigma. Now it's here at home with me. Nice head. So if you know where I can get more plates for this one I would appreciate it. I think I'll write them again as well.
It's this one:
AMVONA PRO CAMERA TRIPOD ACTION BALL HEAD ATH-A03 - (eBay item 200173297662 end time Nov-19-07 13:00:00 PST)
And his price was a little less than the average Ebay price with shipping factored in. ($50) But he says they don't even answer his calls either and he buys direct. Go figure.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 11-16-2007 at 08:19 PM.
11-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
roy
Inactive Account

peter,
i've got 2 of the A01 heads, yes i've bid on the 02 and 03s but the extra support they offer is over kill for anything i could setup.. got both of them for around 25 delivered.. even with the 500/4.5 + a 1.4x and a 2x and the DS mounted , i'm looking at less than 11 pounds.
the gimbal is something i'm really getting to like..
11-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Well if it a giottos knock off I would be carefull... have had a giottos MT-8080 IIRC breaking down on me in the field.
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is there a way to mount a camera vertically on one of these AT-A01 Telos ball head's?

If not, do you guys have a recommendation for a similarly priced ball head which would work with one of these sets of Avona legs?

These look like they'd be a great deal... I need a tripod/ball mount for use on a 6 month trip to Asia, and light weight is definitely a plus. I don't expect to be mounting much weight at all on the thing- I just have a K10d and I'll have a couple of smallish lenses (not much into telefoto photography)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone has to offer

-Tim
11-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #13
roy
Inactive Account

just mount the cam as usual and use the slot in the head to go vertical, just like any other ball head or get a L-bracket..
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have my AT-A100T and it is very solid~ now i just need to find a good & cheap tripod head to go with it
12-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #15

I've got (or am getting for my birthday or christams) the AT-A102T legs and AT-A02 ball head. I can't recommend it enough. For $37 shipped (both pieces) I couldn't go wrong. Very steady and easy to use.