Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back LCD hood

Anybody use something like this to view captured images in the field? Any suggestions as where to look or should I just make one up a la waist level finder.

Never thought I would be asking this question but field experience has taught me that on sunny days and other conditions, it is almost impossible to see the image on the LCD.
My interest lies in at least seeing if the image appears more or less properly exposed regardless of what the histogram says.

Any ideas or suggestions, much appreciated.

06-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Anybody use something like this to view captured images in the field? Any suggestions as where to look or should I just make one up a la waist level finder.

Never thought I would be asking this question but field experience has taught me that on sunny days and other conditions, it is almost impossible to see the image on the LCD.
My interest lies in at least seeing if the image appears more or less properly exposed regardless of what the histogram says.

Any ideas or suggestions, much appreciated.
I use one for all outdoor shooting. I have the name-brand (Hoodman) model and I'm very pleased with it. I understand that knock-offs are available, but I can't vouch for the construction and/or optics. Many think that these are magnifiers (and maybe some of the knock-offs are), but the original is not. It does have first-rate optics though, with a diopter. Also comes with a lanyard so you can keep it handy around your neck, as well as a zippered case.

I find it invaluable for live-view focusing in bright light.
06-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Excellent DogLover and many thanks for your reply.
I will look into this. Sounds like a useful addition to the bag.