Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Anything like LensPen that takes refills?

LensPen is really simple, just a rubber disc with some felt attached and a bit of foam in the tip that has some carbon dust in it to transfer to the felt tip when you twist the cap. The carbon dust is a good cleaning agent, and I generally like the LensPen.

What I don't like is having to throw out the LensPen when the carbon is all used up, or the felt is too worn down. I'd like to just replace the tip and the cap, it's not like the body of the thing is worn out or the brush doesn't work anymore... but it's not modular, and I don't know why (other than I suppose profit for LensPen?) Is there any competitor which offers a more modular solution?

07-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Given the price of the lensPEN, I doubt it would be economically worth it to make refills, they would have to cost about the price of the pen. And at some point, it's good to replace the brush anyway, it can slowly gater dust and become less reliable.
07-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Given the price of the lensPEN, I doubt it would be economically worth it to make refills, they would have to cost about the price of the pen. And at some point, it's good to replace the brush anyway, it can slowly gater dust and become less reliable.
Why would it be uneconomical to make refills? Is it uneconomical for me to buy packs of razer refills?

A brush may gather dust, but I just vacuum mine out periodically, and if it was really dirty, I'd probably wash it then dry it.

Are photography people so wasteful that I just have to throw stuff out and unnecessarily add to our landfills while purchasing more petroleum products? Ugh.
07-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nater Quote
Is it uneconomical for me to buy packs of razer refills?
I'd say sales volume for razors make it economical, more so than for the lensPEN. anyway, you asked for an answer to a question, I gave it to you and gave you my opinion as to why it's so.