Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #1

PENTAX Slingbag Question

Can anyone actually tell what the inside of this bag looks like? On my monitor, I can only make out the fact that the center section appears to have a camera shapped slot, and a lens slot large enough to hold something sideways. However, I can't tell what the upper and lower zippered compartments are, other than just large open holes that they are implying you can stick a lens in. If this is the case, the lowepro layout is probably better. however, if there are more lens compartments than what I can make out, it may be a good bag for my prime lenses.

I'd try to lighten the picture, but don't have photoshop on my office computer. Anyone seen one in real life, or able to make out details in these pics? I'd appreciate any comments or help.

PentaxSlingBagInterior

11-19-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It will probably be no different than the Lowepro - if not made by them for P
11-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #3

Original Poster
Look at the picture in the link I posted and compare to the lowepro bags. Completely different layout and design than the lowepro bags. Also the description mentions a waist strap, which the lowepro doesn't have. Makes me think it is something unique as I've not found anything else that looks just like it.
11-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a Lowepro Slingbag AW200 and it is different, in a good way. That bag doesn't look nearly as big or as well made. I'd buy the Lowepro in a heartbeat rather than that one.

12-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
I have a Lowepro Slingbag AW200 and it is different, in a good way. That bag doesn't look nearly as big or as well made. I'd buy the Lowepro in a heartbeat rather than that one.

Eagle, do you have a grip for your K10? I have one on the way, and i will need a new bag. Was wondering if the slingshot 200 is roomy enough for a K10 with grip attached..
12-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

txbonds I actually saw one in a shop. If I remember correctly the bottom compartment has slots for lenses etc. I think there were removable dividers that can be rearranged. The middle compartment can be rearranged as well with velcro dividers. The top compartment is more for general stuff.

The Bag itself is about the same size as the Lowepro A100. It is within the same quality fabric etc as the Lowepro. The Lowepro does have better access from the shoulder as the main opening starts on the side. The Pentax bags separate compartments seemed better than the Lowepro's one main storage area. The only problem the Pentax bag seemed to have is the openings are not really in the right place for opening from over the shoulder. Particularly the bottom compartment that is going to store lenses does not open on the top when over the shoulder.
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #7

My K10D with grip has resided in my 200 AW sling for the last 13 months when not mashed up to my face or around my neck about to be mashed. It's not quite as deep as I'd like but it still works. Usually for storage or transport to and from a destination (not for going out specifically to shoot), I'll have the 16-45 mounted, A100 macro, 10-17 fish, FA 80-320, FA 28-200, A50, A28 in the main compartment. I put body end to body end of either the 28 or 50 on top of the body end of the 10-17, and the other of the 2 primes on top of a divider mounted horizontally above the 16-45.
12-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by jnorth Quote
My K10D with grip has resided in my 200 AW sling for the last 13 months when not mashed up to my face or around my neck about to be mashed. It's not quite as deep as I'd like but it still works. Usually for storage or transport to and from a destination (not for going out specifically to shoot), I'll have the 16-45 mounted, A100 macro, 10-17 fish, FA 80-320, FA 28-200, A50, A28 in the main compartment. I put body end to body end of either the 28 or 50 on top of the body end of the 10-17, and the other of the 2 primes on top of a divider mounted horizontally above the 16-45.

Wow. That's a ton of lenses you fit in that bag. I was considering this bag, but maybe I would be alright with the 100 AW. Did I say wow already?

Matt

12-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Recd. my Slingshot 200AW today, inside is my K10D w/grip, DA18-55 mounted on camera, Tamrom 70-300, Tokina 28mm f2.8, SMC-M 50mm f1.4, 135mm f2.8, flash, remote, some filters, battery charger, and a few cards, A bit heavy, to be sure, but I am sure I wouldn't be toting ALL of that with me every time out, lol Seems pretty comfy slung over the shoulder so far.
12-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm sorry Stratman, I lost track of this thread. I don't have the grip anyway so I couldn't have helped you there but I sure didn't mean to leave you hanging:-(. I'm glad to hear the camera w/grip fits:-). As with most of my bags and packs and fishing vests etc, I seem to always find ways of putting more and more stuff in them and once there the stuff stays there:-). My slingbag is also very heavy, in fact I've even started hanging more bags off the bag!
There is something wrong with me.
12-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

NP Eagle, all is well !! Just have to learn this camera now, haha