Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
remote f battery

ccan anyone help me out here. Just got a new remote f and I can't tell if a battery is ore installed or if I need to put one in. If I need one can someone tell me the size?

Thank

11-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are shipped from Pentax with the battery installed. No idea what batt is inside. Mine has never worn out. Just hit function button on camera and move up and over to remote setting.
thanks
barondla
11-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It comes with a battery and is supposed to be good for about 30,000 shots!
Pentax recommends sending it to them when the battery needs to be exchanged but I think someone on this forum has figured out how to do it yourself. If you ever use it 30,000 times you can do a search!
11-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

its just a little watch batterie.. easy enough to change.. i pulled mine apart to find out, just out of curiosity.. if you send it to pentax, they will probably charge you a rediculous amount to swap the batterie over.. my advice would be to undo the 3 screws, take the batterie to a watch/camera shop and get a new one,, but in saying that,.. it uses very little power to take pics, so the fact that ures is dead already, tells me that it might be a faulty batterie, which is very common.

11-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
never said it was faulty. just was concerned because the unit is so light, and the information in the package was non-existant. i grabbed it and was driving, so i had no way to check it. was just making sure if i needed a battery, i'd have one...and if i didnt, not to grab one.

as it turns out, the tripod and remote never got used. so no worries