Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ME Winder question?

The ME has a sync speed of 1/100 and the ME Super has a sync speed of 1/125.
I just picked up an ME Super to play with and just the ME winder instead of the ME II winder to go with it.
Does anybody know if using the ME winder on the ME Super is going to make any difference when using the flash or would I be better off with the ME II?

08-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jonhock Quote
The ME has a sync speed of 1/100 and the ME Super has a sync speed of 1/125.
I just picked up an ME Super to play with and just the ME winder instead of the ME II winder to go with it.
Does anybody know if using the ME winder on the ME Super is going to make any difference when using the flash or would I be better off with the ME II?
Camera sync speed has nothing to do with film winder speed, except that you will be limited to shooting in single shot mode to allow flash to recharge between shots.

Thanks,
08-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Camera sync speed has nothing to do with film winder speed, except that you will be limited to shooting in single shot mode to allow flash to recharge between shots.

Thanks,
Thank you,
What you said about waiting for the flash got me thinking I put one of my af280t's on the camera and tried a couple shots with the flash on Low and then on High manual and while the shutter is pressed the winder must manage the second shot to not fire before the flash is ready because in both cases the flash fired with a time lag on the high setting
I actually only came by the ME Super because there was an auction that had the camera, an Asanuma 35-105mm 1:3.5, and a Tamron F 2x with the "A" contacts.
I was bidding to get the 2x. The camera and lens were bonuses. The Asanuma is identical in specifications as my Pentax A 35-105mm 1:3.5 (including the close focus ring) except that it has internal zoom and is an "M" type. I have as yet to shoot it much yet either, but from what I have shot it is a fairly decent lens, just not as sharp as the Pentax.

Last edited by jonhock; 08-04-2011 at 09:27 PM.