Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
I am not up to day but Vanguard (Chinese brand) used to make crap.
really?! i didn know vanguard is from china.. not sure about that. but look at TIPA awards they have got =O

08-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fcqhnbaby Quote
really?! i didn know vanguard is from china.. not sure about that. but look at TIPA awards they have got =O
I think I have mistaken this brand with another one. My bad.
08-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fcqhnbaby Quote
thx guys!!
after read all the replies and i have dicided to rise my budget to $450 AUD
yeah, things at AU are expensive but anyway..

recommends? =D
Have you checked out the Feisol I recommended? They have various models. Not sure about a retailer in AU but you can go to the international (Taiwan) site. You might sneak one in under your budget. But be sure to get a model with Anti-Rotation Legs -- it's worth the difference.
08-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see that Giotto has a new tripod out competitive with the Feisol combo I recommended. The Vitruvian VGR8265 is heavier, has an extra leg segment (inconvenient) and sells for £450. Otherwise very similar, even down to the included ball head.

08-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Look around in your local stores to see what brands they have in tripods. Manfrottos seem to be quite popular in Aussie stores, but check their availability where you are. I got my set from an Aussie trader on eBay totalling about $400 about 3 years ago. You could get lucky yourself this way...
08-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Have you checked out the Feisol I recommended?
yes i did but it's quite hard to grab one in AU and one problem is.,..i want a horizontal column T.T
08-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These guys are based in Taiwan so shipping to AU would be quick and easy. They have a horizontal column option and just about everything else. In fact, their product line is extensive and a bit confusing.

If you want to test out something in-store then cross them off your list.

09-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
These guys are based in Taiwan so shipping to AU would be quick and easy. They have a horizontal column option and just about everything else. In fact, their product line is extensive and a bit confusing.

If you want to test out something in-store then cross them off your list.
That's unfortunate and that's why I end up with a Sirui tripod instead of the Feisol. I really like the center column on the Feisol, it's extremely versatile and can be totally removed. But nowhere you can actually try the tripod.
09-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I can't try any good gear here in Ireland so everything I get is sight unseen -- that's how I started on Pentax. If I hadn't taken a leap of faith I'd have bought one of the dominant brands.
11-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #25

I am a fan of the Joby Gorillapod. The GP8 with ball head will be under $200 on the net. These pods wrap around whatever solid object is around, but can be used as a mini tripod. It can handle up to 5 kg. Go for 1 size bigger in Gorillapod than you think you need.