Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #1

Tenpa 1.22 Magnifier vs Pentax OME53

Hi,
Which one do you guys think I should get?

Cheers.

08-11-2011, 02:34 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I have the OME53 which is a natural extension of the camera, looks like the original and very nice. From the pictures on the internet I'm not sure, that the Tenpa would please you because of the round shape, that is not covering the details behind the eyepiece.

The magnification difference is negligible, so you can decide which is nicer...

- G
08-11-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I swapped my OME53 for a KPS 1.3x eyepiece. Similar to the Tenpa I think, in that it has a circular eyepiece (which is great for keeping stray light out when composing). The lower quarter of the circular eyepiece does slightly obscure the rear LCD though, I am tempted to cut a horizontal slice off the bottom of it.
08-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the help guys. yeah,some people said that 1.22 magnification does not bring much difference. I was thinking to buy the 1.3x magnification but im wearing a glasses,going to be a problem for me.

08-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #5

For reading I also use glasses, that means, when I need to check the LCD, I need it. But for taking a picture I use the diopter converter and glasses off, because on the street I'm "blind" with the glasses on
08-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The magnifications you're choosing between aren't very different from each other, actually, but somewhat helpful. Depends if you like eyecups: that was the big drawback to the Pentax original for me. (Though that's found a nice home on one of my film cameras. Almost like it was made for that. ) I have a stronger KPS (1.35x ) on my K20d and really love that, though for some reason I get less vignetting than others report, must be the shape of my face or something.
08-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
The magnifications you're choosing between aren't very different from each other, actually, but somewhat helpful. Depends if you like eyecups: that was the big drawback to the Pentax original for me. (Though that's found a nice home on one of my film cameras. Almost like it was made for that. ) I have a stronger KPS (1.35x ) on my K20d and really love that, though for some reason I get less vignetting than others report, must be the shape of my face or something.
Thanks.now you made me considering the 1.3X magnification too.lol...because the difference is hardly noticible in 1.22 magnification. if i use the 1.3X magnifier and im not using the rubber eyecup, is that still going to be a problem to me? (im wearing glasses).

08-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by basikal_kusayang Quote
Thanks.now you made me considering the 1.3X magnification too.lol...because the difference is hardly noticible in 1.22 magnification. if i use the 1.3X magnifier and im not using the rubber eyecup, is that still going to be a problem to me? (im wearing glasses).

It seems to vary depending on the person, and your glasses (I don't shoot through my glasses, myself: my prescription is mild, so I just use the camera's diopter correction and an eyecup. ) You'll probably have some vignetting with glasses either way, less with the weaker magnifier, would be my guess, so I suggest making a choice on that presumption and see if you like it.

(It'd be easier if I could just hand you my camera and say 'Here, try this. '
08-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
It seems to vary depending on the person, and your glasses (I don't shoot through my glasses, myself: my prescription is mild, so I just use the camera's diopter correction and an eyecup. ) You'll probably have some vignetting with glasses either way, less with the weaker magnifier, would be my guess, so I suggest making a choice on that presumption and see if you like it.

(It'd be easier if I could just hand you my camera and say 'Here, try this. '
LOL,I wish you can do that..

I really need my glasses or i cant see anything ..so,do you think it is worth it to pay ~50 AUD for the tenpa 1.22X magnifier?I dont have much money at the momment so i need to make sure i've mande the right decision.