Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
istDL split image focus viewfinder?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Howdy!

So my wife won't share her K7 with me as often as I'd like so instead of lumping her up a bit, I bought an istDL instead. I like it and will mainly be using manual primes on it and have discovered the need for a split focus viewfinder screen, but since the istDL is "so old", I can't find a direct match on Ebay.

Does anyone know what will work on this camera?

08-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

not sure if this will help but here is one for the dl
Split Image Focus Screen for Pentax ist D DL K10d K100D | eBay
I didn't bother to check it out (not sure if its a good one), but the more important thing is it fits the d, dl and k10d. If nothing else it give you a broader range of cameras to search for if they use the same size.
08-13-2011, 02:24 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are willing to go new, Katzeye makes split image screens for all Pentax DSLRs.
Pentax DSLRs - KatzEye Optics
08-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
not sure if this will help but here is one for the dl
Split Image Focus Screen for Pentax ist D DL K10d K100D | eBay
I didn't bother to check it out (not sure if its a good one), but the more important thing is it fits the d, dl and k10d. If nothing else it give you a broader range of cameras to search for if they use the same size.
Ah. I feel sheepish. I didn't try any variants of istDL in my search on Ebay and missed this one as a result. Thanks for finding it!

QuoteOriginally posted by AOShep Quote
If you are willing to go new, Katzeye makes split image screens for all Pentax DSLRs.
Pentax DSLRs - KatzEye Optics
I'm trying for budget and those Katzeyes aren't in it. Saw them and I'm sure they're nice, but they cost nearly as much as I paid for the camera. Thanks for the suggestion though!

08-13-2011, 06:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have an ist-ds. I'm not sure what the proper form for the name is but I have found when searching for info or accessories on it if you put the dash in you get the best results. If I search istds I usually get little or nothing. I probably had to figure that out the hard way at one point myself. I guess search engines are not as smart as they would like to be.

QuoteOriginally posted by speedfoos Quote
Ah. I feel sheepish. I didn't try any variants of istDL in my search on Ebay and missed this one as a result. Thanks for finding it!

I'm trying for budget and those Katzeyes aren't in it. Saw them and I'm sure they're nice, but they cost nearly as much as I paid for the camera. Thanks for the suggestion though!