screen protector 1121.15%
wireless remote 2140.38%
wired remote 1325.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

useless accessories?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

i found so much stuff on a site, and i was just curious to know what you guys think is actually useful, considering my cousin says they're all mostly useless :P

cleaning cloths: DealExtreme: $1.98 Microfilter Screen and Glass Cleaning Cloths (6-Pack)
screen protector: DealExtreme: $1.79 Screen Protector CAMERA 2.7" SONY
wireless remote: DealExtreme: $4.46 Jianisi Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta
wire remote: (1) DealExtreme: $6.44 Jianisi Bulb Setting Shutter Switch for Canon / Contax / Pentax / Samsung Digital Camera (2) DealExtreme: $4.82 YN Remote Shutter Switch for Canon / Contax / Pentax / Samsung Digital Camera

you can vote on more than one, or all four if you think they're all usefull

Last edited by pete_pf; 12-01-2007 at 03:19 PM.
12-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I have all 4. Of all, I use the cloths religiously!
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
other than the wireless i use the other 3 ALL the time. if you want the best cloth around then get a couple of these.
HERE
they are safe on your glass and you will NOT believe what it will do for your lens bodies, especially the older ones.

edit: be sure to wash them a couple of times before use. it raises the nap of the cloth. if you try these i'd appreciate a PM about your thoughts ..
12-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
im happy you guys think these accessories are worth it lol now i can tell my cousin to shove it

12-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #5

Ive never used any of the accs. besides the screen protectors which I love. Cheaper and work better than the more expensive ones! Ive got one on my, DL, Cowon D2, Ipod, 2 motorola phones... Highly recommended.

Thanks

PS. Also they have some nice cheap earphones for under 5 bucks. Ive had a pair for nearly 6months or more and they're still going.. and this is someone who breaks Sennheiser headphones like theres no tomorrow!
12-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i just read like yesterday that some of those screen protectors eat away at the lcd screen .... and that they're really hard to put on and when trying to take off they dont leave a nice screen behind
12-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have a wireless remote (a similar ultra-cheap Chinese model) and use it all the time. I want a wired remote for bulb exposures, but I'm in no hurry.

I'm not at all interested in LCD screen protectors. In my experience with other devices (like cell phones), even good ones can be disruptive to the viewing quality. It seems funny to use something that makes your screen look like crap all the time so you don't get scratches that will make your screen look like crap. It's a little like putting a bra on the hood of your car: you don't want your car to look bad, so you put something on that looks worse (and damages your paint just the same)?

12-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aerodave Quote
I have a wireless remote (a similar ultra-cheap Chinese model) and use it all the time. I want a wired remote for bulb exposures, but I'm in no hurry.

I'm not at all interested in LCD screen protectors. In my experience with other devices (like cell phones), even good ones can be disruptive to the viewing quality. It seems funny to use something that makes your screen look like crap all the time so you don't get scratches that will make your screen look like crap. It's a little like putting a bra on the hood of your car: you don't want your car to look bad, so you put something on that looks worse (and damages your paint just the same)?
FYI, the Remote F works just fine in bulb mode on the K10D. I tried it myself yesterday.
12-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...your cousins a twit.

QuoteOriginally posted by impete82 Quote
i found so much stuff on a site, and i was just curious to know what you guys think is actually useful, considering my cousin says they're all mostly useless :P

cleaning cloths: DealExtreme: $1.98 Microfilter Screen and Glass Cleaning Cloths (6-Pack)
screen protector: DealExtreme: $1.79 Screen Protector CAMERA 2.7" SONY
wireless remote: DealExtreme: $4.46 Jianisi Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta
wire remote: (1) DealExtreme: $6.44 Jianisi Bulb Setting Shutter Switch for Canon / Contax / Pentax / Samsung Digital Camera (2) DealExtreme: $4.82 YN Remote Shutter Switch for Canon / Contax / Pentax / Samsung Digital Camera

you can vote on more than one, or all four if you think they're all usefull
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
roy
Inactive Account

i just read like yesterday that some of those screen protectors eat away at the lcd screen .... and that they're really hard to put on and when trying to take off they dont leave a nice screen behind
can you supply a link to the place you saw this??
the ones i use(past 4years) are easy to put on, easy to take off, and definately have done no harm..
12-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #11

Hmmm.. I just pulled the one off my D2 and it left no residue or any marks and the screen looks as good as it always did.. [ 240x320, 16million colours, 2.5in ] and just put it back on without any hassle... It fits perfectly as long as you measure properly and get the right size. And is very easy to apply.. just peel one side off. Apply if its wrong take off and apply again. Once on correctly take off other thingy and your done...

Ofcourse if you leave it on for a very long time you may not be able to take it off that easily... If you dont mind spending a little more get a NuShield or Shieldzone protector. Cant get any better than those guys. And one of them, cant remember which, doesnt use any adhesive!

Thanks
12-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
FYI, the Remote F works just fine in bulb mode on the K10D. I tried it myself yesterday.
Yes it does. But my $4 Chinese remote doesn't. It's actually the only functional difference between the Pentax and off-brand versions.
12-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #13

I have a cheap Chinese wireless remote which is great to use when taking group shots where you want to be in it.

I made my own wired remote for the measly sum of $5 (Australian) which is sensational for night shots of the moon, etc or lightning storms.
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #14

i'd opt for the 4" screen protector and cut it to size.
12-04-2007, 12:35 AM   #15

What do your cousin use in place of cleaning cloths?