Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #1

battery cover for D-LI 90 (K-5/K-7) batteries!

Hi everybody!

I was looking for a cover to protect the contacts of my K-5 batteries while carrying them in the pocket. The K10D batteries had such a cover to snap on but the K-7/K-5 batteries don't.

So I decided to create my own cover that can be snapped to the bottom of the battery. As a special feature, it has embossed labels "empty" and "full" each on one side of the cover. This labels can be used in conjunction with the little arrow on the top of the battery to distinguish used from charged batteries.

The cover was created with a 3D printer at shapeways. If you are interested, you can order it at [removed by moderator].

Have fun!
Chris

Last edited by jolepp; 09-03-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: removed url
09-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #2

Well it looks nice but over $12 for a battery cover is a bit much. Anyone ever find a regular plastic cover for about a dollar that fits the batteries for a K-5.
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #3

Cheap battery cover for K-5, K-7

After getting a K-5 and finding that I need contact covesr if I'm going to be carrying spare batteries, I did some searching. A company called greenbatteries.com has one for the Nikon EN-El and EN-EL3e batteries that are extremely close in size to the D-Li90. These are $1.97 each plus shipping. They are almost perfect. Unlike the covers for the K10d batteries, these fit the large flat side of the battery. They are just a bit tight, and have a very slight tendency to pop off, but they can be easily held on by a rubber band. Besides the original Pentax battery, I have a couple of generics. The covers fit the Pentax battery slightly better than the generics. If I had to guess, I'd say that the generics are ever so slightly longer or wider than the Pentax unit.