Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

LL-60 or LL-80 screens

What are currently the best options for focusing screens on my K10D for M or M42 lenses? I know about Katzeye but I'm wondering if the LL-60 or the LL-80 will help me when shooting in low light at f8 for example? Are these screens brighter than the default LF-80?

Sorry if I'm bringing up old topics but I can't seems to find an answer apart from going with the expensive Katzeye.

Regards

12-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
What are currently the best options for focusing screens on my K10D for M or M42 lenses? I know about Katzeye but I'm wondering if the LL-60 or the LL-80 will help me when shooting in low light at f8 for example? Are these screens brighter than the default LF-80?

Sorry if I'm bringing up old topics but I can't seems to find an answer apart from going with the expensive Katzeye.

Regards
I put "architectural" screens on all my cameras to avoid the tilted horizon problem. They also ake it easier to see the perspective problem with trees. I have one in my SF-1, another in my MZ-S, and the LL-60 is on its way for the K10D.

I have no problems manually focusing with the standard screen in the K10D. I've tested it on the DA* 2.8's and also on my SMCP-M 400/5.6 and my SMCP-M 100/4 macro. Make sure that you set the diopter in the eyepiece to the absolute best setting for your eyes. Do it in dimmer light so that your eyes have to work at it. Count clicks from one side or the other in case you bump it. I use a different setting when wearing contacts vs wearing spectacles.
12-02-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So your saying the LL-60 is better for manual focusing than the default LL-80 on the K10D?
12-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
So your saying the LL-60 is better for manual focusing than the default LL-80 on the K10D?
If I am the you, no. I have no problem focusing with the screen that came with my K10D.

I am getting the LL-60 for the grid. I have purchased Pentax grid screens for every Pentax I have/had with interchangeable screens. Can't live without 'em. I lean over a lot, photographically when I don't have one in the camera.