Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax DA lens case/holder

Could someone who has the Pentax DA lens case help me determine if it can hold a DA21/F50/DA70 together ? (F50 instead of a DA40) ?
Thank you !

09-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You ought to find its dimensions on the Pentax website. But since I believe it can hold FA limiteds, you should be ok.

Nice lineup, by the way!
09-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I don't have the case, but I think it can accommodate the three lenses you mentioned.

People told me that this would fit:

09-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Assuming the F50 you are referring to is the same size as an FA 50mm f/1.4--then yes that combo will work. I've carried an FA50 with a DA21 and a DA70.

The FA 50 needs to be in the middle as the total diameter of that lens stretches-out the zippered case--but nothing that would be unreasonable.

-W

09-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
You ought to find its dimensions on the Pentax website. But since I believe it can hold FA limiteds, you should be ok.

Nice lineup, by the way!

Well, it'll hold 2 of the FA Ltds, the 31 doesn't fit. I have the 77,43, and DA15 in mine.
09-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks All for your responses !

Hey bdery, I don't have the DA70 yet ... it is on my wish list. You think you can help me out with that, as you have done with the F50/1.7 ?? ;-)
09-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vn33 Quote
Hey bdery, I don't have the DA70 yet ... it is on my wish list. You think you can help me out with that, as you have done with the F50/1.7 ?? ;-)
If I had one, I'd keep it

I don't plan on bying any new lens soon, but if I did the DA70 would probably be my choice. It's the only "hole" in my lineup that I might want filled (that or maybe a fast 300mm, but I can't really justify that.

09-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Well, it'll hold 2 of the FA Ltds, the 31 doesn't fit. I have the 77,43, and DA15 in mine.
I don't know how big your 31mm is, but mine fits.

That's the 15mm, 77mm, and the 31mm. My 31 is a wee bit longer with the empty filter rings/hood I have on it. This is a bit of a tight fit, but it zips okay.

[edit] I just realized you were probably saying three the FA ltds won't fit. :x
09-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wasser Quote
I don't know how big your 31mm is, but mine fits.

That's the 15mm, 77mm, and the 31mm. My 31 is a wee bit longer with the empty filter rings/hood I have on it. This is a bit of a tight fit, but it zips okay.

[edit] I just realized you were probably saying three the FA ltds won't fit. :x
Actually, you're right. Turning the other 2 sideways like that will allow you to fit all 3 Fa Ltds. in there. However, there is a lot of stress on the seams right in the middle (where the 77 is). It does zip up OK, but you can tell that that extra stress will most likely cause failure at those seams at some point. I would also recommend turning the 2 sideways lens around so that the metal front caps can't possibly come into contact with the inside of the zipper.

I think I'm going to stick to keeping the 15/43/77 combo in there, since the 31 is more of a standard size and fits into other lens carrying options. Or I could have the 31 on the camera.
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Actually, you're right. Turning the other 2 sideways like that will allow you to fit all 3 Fa Ltds. in there. However, there is a lot of stress on the seams right in the middle (where the 77 is). It does zip up OK, but you can tell that that extra stress will most likely cause failure at those seams at some point. I would also recommend turning the 2 sideways lens around so that the metal front caps can't possibly come into contact with the inside of the zipper.

I think I'm going to stick to keeping the 15/43/77 combo in there, since the 31 is more of a standard size and fits into other lens carrying options. Or I could have the 31 on the camera.
With the 15/77/31 zipped up the zippered area doesn't seem stressed imho, but I don't typically carry it like that. Also, I don't have metal caps on my lenses. I replaced them with 49mm plastic pinch caps.
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wasser Quote
With the 15/77/31 zipped up the zippered area doesn't seem stressed imho, but I don't typically carry it like that. Also, I don't have metal caps on my lenses. I replaced them with 49mm plastic pinch caps.
Right again. I had my barrel extended on my 77. In fact, I discovered that you can fit all 3 FA's in there, and it's really not necessary to turn any of them sideways. You'll have a little more room if you turn the 77 and have it in the middle position, but it can be done either way. It is pushing it, though I don't really see any stressed seams. The 15 and 43 are interchangeable, size-wise.

I'll still probably stick to carrying the 15/43/77 in there, but it's nice to know that the "trio" can fit in there in a pinch. I could have sworn that the general consensus since that case came out is that the FAs (well, the 31) wouldn't fit. Huh!