Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Max SDHC size for DL?

Hello All.

I am trying to find out how to tell if the 8GB Transcend SDHC card i bought won't work in my *istDL . I searched lots of threads, and didn't come up with anything. Sandisk's website says the max size for the DL is 4gb. So I did the only sane thing I could think of, and bought an 8GB model anyways. I popped it in, and the camera is reading 737 photos left to take (RAW). I let the camera format the card, and took a few photos, and everything seems all right. Will i need to take over 600 photos to see if anything negative (outdated camera pun?) will happen or should I safely assume that everything works fine?

And yes, I know it is safer to not keep all my photos on a big card, and instead use multiple smaller cards, but I could not resist 8gb packaged in a postage stamp sized piece of plastic. :-)

-Montoya

---

Just an update, I used the card just fine on my Trip to Puerto Rico. Though as I was past 600 photos on the card I did get slightly nervous. The Read speed on the card is life saver. Though I am sad. The card I bought for about $58 shipped can be had for around $38 shipped now on New Egg. Two months and *boom* big price drop. My poor money. :-) Next up, seeing if a 16gb card will work in the DL .

-Montoya

Last edited by Montoya; 02-19-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to update this after my trip
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If it can use up the space, then don't worry about it or try to get it NOT to work. I often load in larger cards in my cell phones than the listed maximum size and haven't had problems.
12-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #3

If the camera reads that many shots, and with quick math thats roughly how many you should be getting you should be A-okay!

Thanks

My 2GB cards take a little less than 200, so sounds about right!