Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #16

Original Poster
The thread is m42. Looks to be an ext tube. Fully screws into the cam and bellows. Also works on those lenses that have the rear glass further inside the lens.

12-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #17
Inactive Account

First of all, I would like to clarify the last line of my last post.

I did not mean to impugn anyone, it just breaks my heart to hear about anyone abusing a fine piece of precision equipment such as the Pentax camera system.

I've always taken good care of my equipment, and still have my first Pentax camera, a Honeywell SP1000. It still takes good pictures, and if I could see well enough to focus it properly, I would still be using it.

The only reason I went to autofocus was because of my eyesight, and I still prefer manual focus lenses on my K100D.

now as far as the question on the multi-rail Bellows, the truth is I have no idea.

As I said before I have the x-rail Bellows, and I have never use the one you show in the picture. But from my understanding most of the screw mount bellows did have the removable camera mount. Having to turn the camera several times and still miss the rail assembly would be very difficult. It does not seem reasonable that Pentax would have you turn the camera in an awkward manner to mount to this Bellows assembly.

If it turns out that this Bellows assembly does not have the removable camera mount, I would highly recommend selling it and trying to find one that does. They do come up for auction on eBay every once in a while although they can be expensive.

A Bellows gives you such a wide range of magnification and focusing options, that once you get used to using it, you will probably wonder why you ever thought about extension tubes.
Although extension tubes do have their place, for instance they are much easier to carry in your bag but are very limiting and slow. And in order to get the extension that a Bellows gives you, you would have to have two or three sets.

Hopefully someone else will have an instruction book for your Bellows, that they can scan for you.

joe1955